My register is subtracting deposits and adding withdrawals all of a sudden; how can I fix this?

dubeast
dubeast Member
My register is subtracting deposits and adding withdrawals; how can I fix this

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Is this happening in a credit card register?
    What is the name of the bank or credit card?
    Are these downloaded transactions or did you manually enter them?
    Is the register properly sorted by Date?
    Is the Running Balance correct? That means, e.g., negative amount for a credit card where you owe money.

• dubeast
    dubeast Member
    I have windows quicken Deluxe 2019
    only occurs in 1 account
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of account?  Are you downloading into that account?
    Can you show of a snapshot of this issue?  Use the "paper with a folded corner" icon, above, to post the image.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they in the wrong column?  This is for credit card accounts but should work for other accounts.

First make sure you are sorted in Date order with the newest date at the bottom. If you are not then click the DATE Column heading to sort.

Sounds like you're running a credit balance. Is the balance in red or black? Look back through your transactions and maybe you'll spot one that was entered backward. Or a payment in the charge column or a charge in the payment column. Look around back where this first started happening.  Or maybe you are missing some charges? 

If the balance is in Black, it means you have a credit on the card.  Like if you overpaid the bill or got a refund for something you returned.   When you enter a charge it will reduce (decrease) the credit you have available on it.   And a payment will increase the balance.

Also make sure you have the right starting balance.  If it's zero you might need to add a beginning balance for when you started the account in Quicken.

The credit card balance you OWE should be in RED. If the balance is Black then it's showing the credit card company owes you and you have a credit balance. And then when you make a payment it's like the cc owes you more. So you need to go back though your entries and find where the balance switched to black to being in your favor.

See this for more info.....

https://www.quicken.com/support/positive-black-balance-credit-card-account

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• My checking account is adding deposits. I download it. Quicken Version R52.28 , 27.1.1.2.28. Just reconciled it and now this! How do I fix it!

I have closed Quicken on my desktop computer, rebooted the computer. It started happening last night and I can't fix it.

Diane Sibille

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Checking accounts should be adding deposits. Please explain more. What is your problem?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.