How to run a report on a single investment

bobbertiam
bobbertiam Member, Windows Beta Beta
From my Investment registers, I am trying to run a single report for say XYZ and I can not seem to find a way to do it. A complete history. Am I missing something?

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Before this discussion goes any farther off the rails ... 

If you want a REPORT on a single security, I suggest going to the REPORTS menu, select the style of report you want (Investment Transactions, Investment Performance, Portfolio Value, etc), CUSTOMIZE that report selection to the desired single security and if applicable selected accounts and any other applicable customizations) and then review that report.

My selected preference setting is to always first get the customization selections when I access a report selection.  

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you trying to run this from the investment account ... instead of from the Reports menu?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bobbertiam
    That did the trick. Thanks so much
  • bobbertiam
    NotACPA- It would be nice to be able to right-click on an item in the investment register similar to what you can do in a regular checking register. Since you asked and provided no answer, how do you run a single investment report from the Reports menu?

It would be nice from the investment register so I can report on items that are not an investment. Such as Advisory fees? How would I run a report on these expenses? Thanks
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    REPORTS, Investing, Investment Transactions then Click the Securities tab to "Clear" all securities and then check the one that you want.
    This is a MUCH more customizable report that what you're doing.
    And note that @Frankx's method is STILL not being run from within the account, which you requested.

• bobbertiam
    Thanks, NotACPA.
    Is this a competition between you and FrankX? Why is this statement even necessary? "And note that @Frankx's method is STILL not being run from within the account, which you requested." Does it add anything to the thread?

However, as long as we are noting stuff
    Note that your method is STILL not being run from within the account, which I requested.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTHING is going to create a report from within an investment account. I was just pointing out that @Frankx's method, which you accepted, doesn't do that any more than my method, which you rejected.
    You could at least be consistent.

• bobbertiam
    I did not reject your first response. I replied to Frankx before you even replied. You asked me a question "Why are you trying to run this from the investment account ... instead of from the Reports menu?" THAT is not an answer. You did not answer my question with that response. I asked for a follow up "how do you run a single investment report from the Reports menu?"

I still have not been able to run your suggestion. I too am running 2020.

You say "REPORTS, Investing, Investment Transactions then Click the Securities tab to "Clear"" In investing transactions I see no "clear". See the attached. No Doubt I i am missing something
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first response was to TRY (unsuccessfully) to obtain more info about what you're trying to do. Given the paucity of info in your original message, it was entirely a reasonable response ... especially so since what you appeared to be asking isn't currently possible.
    You message looked entirely like user error.

• bobbertiam
    Good God another know it all. The paucity is the key. Simple and to the point.

From my Investment registers, I am trying to run a single report for say XYZ.
    If you need more information than that, I just don't know what to say. If you are looking for a 100-page disquisition (see, I too can use big fancy words to try to impress. And my word is longer than your word.)

Do me a favor, either try to answer my question as a follow up to my response at 3:10 or don't bother to reply. You seem to be somewhat banausic (wow, another big word things). Furthermore, it would seem as if your fragile ego is by far your driving force as opposed to answering a straight-up question. Just tuck you itty bitty little ego in a sachet-bag and move on.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Before this discussion goes any farther off the rails ... 

If you want a REPORT on a single security, I suggest going to the REPORTS menu, select the style of report you want (Investment Transactions, Investment Performance, Portfolio Value, etc), CUSTOMIZE that report selection to the desired single security and if applicable selected accounts and any other applicable customizations) and then review that report.

My selected preference setting is to always first get the customization selections when I access a report selection.  
  • bobbertiam
    Thanks, q_lurker. That works for me. I have another need to get my bank advisory fees from the investment register. Do you have a way to do that?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you have them recorded?

An Investment Transactions report, a Banking Transactions report or various category reports can likely present the information -- if you customize the report according to what you are after.  
  • bobbertiam
    Thanks, q_lurker. I will give it a shot! I have had little success with this but I will try again and dig a little deeper than before
This discussion has been closed.