Menu Bars hiding under each other

I have just purchased a subscription to the 2018 version. The menu bar is hidden under the tool bar with the former using very small print. As a result, it is incredibly difficult to access the tabs on the Menu bar. I've tried adjusting fonts, changing to classic only, etc., but it doesn't help. I have attached below a screenshot of what I'm seeing. Hopefully you can help.

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @tgarnett123,

Thanks for taking the time to post in our Community. Also, thanks for providing the screenshot. It really helps us better understand the issue.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

Have the menus bars always been displayed like this since you purchased 2018?

I would also ask you to take a few moments and try the steps provided here to see if they may resolve the display issue.

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,
    JV
  • tgarnett123
    tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
    Hi Julio - in answer to your question, yes, the menu bars always appeared that way. I did update from a 2014 version, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. I also tried all the steps you outlined, and unfortunately, no change. Interestingly, I tried changing the fonts as indicated - and even though I hit ok, etc. the font remained as is. No change to the style or size - so something is definitely off. Any further help is welcomed.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since the installation of the latest Quicken update, please do that first and try Quicken again.

Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)

If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
    Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:

• Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
    • Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
    • In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
      or
    • Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
    • Now click Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck all settings.
    • Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". 
      Windows 10:  Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"  (also try the other available options!)
    • Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
    • Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Click Apply and exit.
    • Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.

Some additional tuning suggestions:

• Try this workaround for 4k monitors
      https://www.quicken.com/support/work-around-display-issues-high-resolution-monitors
    • Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
    • Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
    • Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
    • If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level.

• tgarnett123
    tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
    I tried all of that and still not working. I can't even change the fonts/font size - so something is not working. Should I re-install or get access to another version? I currently have 2019, R22.35 Build 27.1.22.35, edition Canada. Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are, AFAIK, at the latest, greatest available Canadian Quicken version.
    doesn't help ...

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

This discussion has been closed.