Problems installing subscription version

Options
kitkatio
kitkatio Member
I just purchased the subscription version of Quicken for Mac. I have Quicken 2017 on my computer currently. When I went to install the download, I got a message if I wanted to install the version already in the installer; said yes; then got message that Quicken needs to be installed in Applications folder, said yes; then got message on attached png file. Don't know what to do.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    That message comes up if you're trying to install Quicken into the (locked) disk image where the installer is located. 

There is a problem which comes up occasionally where an invisible file in the Applications folder actually prevents a new version Quicken from being installed. I'm not sure if this is the same as the problem you're describing, but please read this post from a Quicken engineer which describes how to delete the invisible file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • kitkatio
    kitkatio Member
    Options
    I got the message "no such file or directory"
  • jacobs
    Options
    @kitkatio  Sorry, but you need to be more explicit about what you were doing when you received that message. Which of the steps did you try?
  • kitkatio
    kitkatio Member
    Options
    I entered all the commands in the order suggested using > terminal.
  • kitkatio
    kitkatio Member
    Options
    I thought maybe I had successfully deleted the invisible file when I got the "no such file ..." message, so tried to install Quicken 2020 again, but had the same result as I did the first time.
  • jacobs
    Options
    Maybe if you could walk through exactly what happens and what you're doing when you try to install it would help to provide advice. I'm re-reading your original post, and I don't understand when you wrote: "I got a message if I wanted to install the version already in the installer".

Could you open your Applications folder and say what Quicken application(s) you see there. "Quicken"? "Quicken 2017"? Both? If there is a plain "Quicken" or "Quicken.app"? If so, could you drag it to the Trash (or just to your desktop). Then walk us through exactly what you're doing and seeing when you double-click on the .dmg fiel you downloaded. 
This discussion has been closed.