Transaction attachments not found

I discovered that many of my transaction attachments in several accounts can no longer be found. See attached screen shot. Any way to recover them without reattaching one-by-one?
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Rebooted computer. Quicken for Windows 2020 is R25.20. Did Validate and Super Validate. When doing Validate, it identified three transaction attachments that were missing; none of them the ones I had noted were not working. Screen shot of one of the error messages attached. The other two were identical but with different date. Only a couple of other minor issues not related to transaction attachments.
  • ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Also cannot delete the attachment that is not there. Can add a new attachment, but then have two attachments, one of which will open and one that gives the "cannot find" message.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ksm

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

If you haven't done so already, I would attempt to restore a backup from prior to this issue occurring.

The steps and information on restoring a backup are available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestion, Tyka. I checked back to the beginning of this year. The attachments were not there then either. I am afraid that using a restore longer ago than that would be impractical from the viewpoint of all the entries that have been done prior to the last three months. The attachments were done as far back as 2016. Thus, there is a lot of time over which they could have become corrupt. I've attached some of the more critical files again and will just ignore that the original attachments are not there.
This discussion has been closed.