Deleting regular bill transactions

I'm trying to delete two regular transactions From Bills. I get a message:"To delete this series, you must delete the series that is the other end of the transfer". Both are transactions entirely within one checking account.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Can you show us, or just tell us, what one of the transactions looks like? (If you don't normally have the Transfer column visible in your register, try turning it on temporarily. The error message indicates that the transaction contains a transfer. Transfers are typically for moving funds between accounts, but perhaps you have unusual transactions where you intentionally enter a transfer to the same account? Every transfer in Quicken Mac has a "parent" side and a "child" side; they're exactly the same, but the account the message you're getting sounds like you're trying to delete the side that Quicken considers to be the child.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mgjanus
    mgjanus Member ✭✭
    Thanks. So after further review, these two transactions are transfers from property and debt accounts. One a loan where the amount transferred is the same in both accounts. One an annuity where the amount taken from the account is different than the amount deposited (taxes taken out). So, procedurally, if we click the transfer in Bills, Income or both to activate the transfer?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Glad you figured out the transfers. But I'm not clear now on what it is you want to do. You originally said you wanted to delete the scheduled transactions. If that's still your intent, go to the "parent" register and see if the next transaction is showing in grey. (If not, click on Settings in the bottom toolbar, and change the Scheduled Transaction setting to Next 30 Days or Next 90 days.) When you see the transaction, double-click on it and a blue menu will appear under the transaction. Click on Delete All Instances, and this will delete the scheduled transaction for the future; it will not affect instances which have been previously marked Paid (e.g. in black, not gray, in your register).

If that's not what you were wanting to do, please post back to explain.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.