Wrong security for transactions

I have a mutual fund account with a single security. A while ago, I sold all of the shares and purchased a different fund from the same company. What has happened is that the security listed in all of the transactions prior to the date of the sale changed from the original security which I sold to the new security which I purchased and cannot be changed back. On top of all of that, one of the purchases of original securities appears to have never been properly entered in the database. What I now have is both the old and new securities listed in the account overview. The original security shows a negative number of shares, which exactly equals the number of shares purchased in the one transaction that didn't register properly. The new security shows the a wrong number of shares, but the error isn't the same as the original security, it's about 1/10th the number of negative shares. Validating the file didn't reveal any errors. How do I fix this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @UncaDon,

When did you do the transaction - i.e. when did you "sold all of the shares and purchased a different fund from the same company"?

How did you enter that transaction in Quicken?  Did you enter a "shares sold" transaction, or something else like an exchange?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UncaDon
    UncaDon Member ✭✭
    Frankx,

I sold all of the shares.

UncaDon
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @UncaDon

Thank you for the response, to better assist are you able to provide a bit more information.
    When did you do the transaction - i.e. when did you "sold all of the shares and purchased a different fund from the same company"?

How did you enter that transaction in Quicken?  Did you enter a "shares sold" transaction, or something else like an exchange?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was you Mutual Fund Account set up as a Single Mutual Fund SMF?  That can cause problems.  Sounds to me like you tried to change the name of the Fund to the new one.  Can you restore a backup from before and try again?  And then first change the SMF designation.  If it is a SMF you should be able to edit the account and change it. There might be a yes or no box for Single Mutual Fund.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.