updating to 2020 not working

I just upgraded quicken from 2017 to 2020. No matter what I do I cannot log in now, I have changed passwords, nothing. Any ideas?

Comments

• Henry107
    Henry107 Member ✭✭
    get the message "did you purchase quicken from quicken.com? If you're seeing this screen it's possible your quicken subscription is linked to another quicken id. please choose sign out and sign in again with the e- mail address associated with your quicken purchase. I have done that too.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Have you signed into your Quicken ID account on quicken.com and checked your subscription status? From where did you purchase your Quicken subscription?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Henry107
    Henry107 Member ✭✭
    I am able to sign into my quicken.com but don't see a subscription status. I purchased online.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Purchased online from where?
  • Henry107
    Henry107 Member ✭✭
    quicken@equicken.com
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Are you using the same email address that you used to purchase a Quicken subscription to sign into Quicken? If you sign into My Account on quicken.com, you should see this information.

• Henry107
    Henry107 Member ✭✭
    same e-mail address
  • Greg_the_Geek
    If you don't see information about your Quicken subscription in My Account on quicken.com, I would suggest contacting Quicken Customer Care.

http://www.quicken.com/contact-support
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Henry107 said:
    quicken@equicken.com
    Hi @Henry107 ,

quicken@equicken.com?

Do you have the Confirmation Email that was sent, after you purchased Quicken?

Where did you download Quicken from?

Have you used the same Quicken User ID which equals your Email Address, when you purchased Quicken?

Did you buy from quicken.com?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• mzapico
    mzapico Member
    I have the same issue. How do I fix this?

Did you purchase Quicken from Quicken.com?

If you're seeing this screen it's possible your Quicken subscription is linked to another Quicken ID.

Please choose sign out and sign in again with the email address associated with your Quicken purchase.
  • mzapico
    mzapico Member
    All my quicken id's are correct. I successfully log into Quicken.com and Quicken.com/support with the same ID and password. And the quicken app opens with the date file password, then the same error message comes up.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mzapico

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your Quicken profile using the email associated with the Quicken Community.

This email does have a Quicken ID, however, there is not a subscription associated with this Quicken ID.

Did you receive an email confirmation for the purchase?

If not and you are still unable to locate the Quicken ID, I would contact support directly for assistance.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mzapico
    mzapico Member
    I see the issue. I was not provided an activation code in my order confirmation email. Now what.
  • thecreator

You stated that you did not receive an activation code in your order confirmation email.
    Did you use your Browser and log into https://www.quicken.com/ Click Sign in and click My Account? Use the Email Address that you received the confirmation email at and your password.

Do you see Download Quicken?

• mzapico
    mzapico Member
    Hi thecreator. First of all, thank you and all of you for trying to help me.

Yes, I can successfully log into quicken.com, quicken.com/community, etc., with my email and quicken account password.

Yes, I have successfully downloaded quicken 2019, twice.

Further review of FAQ searching for Activation Code reveals I do not need one for quicken.com orders. Results do show I should be able to see "Plan Details" under my account, however, I cannot find that.

I will continue trying to debug my issue.

mzapico
  • Greg_the_Geek
    You need to contact Quicken Customer Casr.

• thecreator
    edited March 2020

You are correct about not needing an Activation Code for Quicken.com purchases, but you need to be able to see the following:
    QUICKEN ID
    QUICKEN
    DOWNLOAD QUICKEN

If you don't see the above, then you are signed into the wrong account.

Or, enter your Confirmation Email Address and click Forgot Password, to reset Password.

• mzapico
    mzapico Member
    ISSUE RESOLVED thanks to Jay at Call Center Support. I have been a user since 1992. I originally had an Intuit User ID. My order included that ID such that Quicken could not connect to the account. Red flag was that my User ID and Quicken ID did not match in my order confirmation email. Jay resolved the issue in 5 minutes by canceling my original order and placing a new order with matching User ID and Quicken ID. Quicken worked in no time.

Thanks for all of you who tried to help. Be Safe!
This discussion has been closed.