Update not pulling through

I just bought this subscription about 4 months ago....the system stopped updating about 3 months ago....when I ask it to update, it doesn't pull through and I just have been cancelling it. Now yesterday, I had the weirdest issue....when I try to add deposits to the account, it deducts from the balance? HELP.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Please provide the year and version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

What do you mean by the system stopped updating about 3 months ago....when I ask it to update, it doesn't pull through and I just have been cancelling it?

Regarding the weirdest issue, please provide a screen capture.  
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's some ideas for the deposits.
    Are the deposits/payments in the right columns?  But the balance is going the wrong way?  Here's some ideas.  Oh, are you using the Payment Column and Deposit Column?  If you are just using the Amount column we suggest using the 'Payment' & 'Deposit' columns and drop the 'Amount' column.

First make sure you are sorted in Date order with the newest date at the bottom. If you are not then click the DATE Column heading to sort.

Is the balance in red or black? Look back through your transactions and maybe you'll spot one that was entered backward. Or a payment in the deposit column or a deposit in the payment column. Look around back where this first started happening.   Or a deposit (or payment) transaction got erased and is missing.  

If your deposits are subtracting from the balance then you could be running a negative balance and the deposit is really reducing the negative amount.  So the balance will show a lower number.  

If your payments are adding to the balance then you could be running a negative balance and the payment is really increasing  the negative amount and your account is over drafted. 

Also make sure you have the right starting balance.  If it's zero you might need to add a beginning balance for when you started the account in Quicken.

Maybe the deposits (or payments) disappeared from the checking account because they were transfers from another account and maybe you changed the category on the other account to something else.  Might want to check that.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.