Upgrading and moving to cloud

I have a user who is using quicken from 2001 and they are interested in going to a cloud setup.

I have noticed the convert data guide (https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken). But wanted to get any input here about has anyone done this themselves? Is it worth it? The client is considering their options and I am looking into what solutions are best.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest your user stay with Quicken 2013 for the time being. Also, Quicken is still a desktop application and use of the Quicken Cloud is optional.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • hven2020
    hven2020 Member
    I am not as familiar with Quicken, hence the questions. So is it reasonable to do the several upgrades to make it to Quicken cloud?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget the Quicken Cloud. Your user is going to have cultural shock just moving to Quicken 2013.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

No! The Cloud requires the use of the Desktop version of Quicken Subscription Product. You haven't posted if they want to use Windows or Mac versions of Quicken.

And since they are still using Quicken 2001 version, I take it, they aren't using Windows 10 operating system.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get them up and running on the free 2013 version.  Then see how that goes for awhile before moving up.  Let them get their feet wet on 2013.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.