When I try to download my transactions I get an error message "Quicken Online service is unavailable

Options
When I try to download transaction or reconcile I get an error message "Quicken's Online Services are unavailable at this time. Please wait at least 10 minutes then try again." It's been doing this for over a week. I thought initially it had something to do with Corona shutdowns so I waited. Today when researching a similar question, folks were having this problem back in June! and it appears to be an update version thing? Help! This will get ugly for me if I can't update from my bank accounts which it mostly why I use Quicken in the first place. I am using Windows Quicken Deluxe 2020 version R25.21 Can anybody help?

Best Answers

• windylindy
    windylindy Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oh, I think you might be a rock star! It appears to be working! I was in the process of just going back one-at-a-time to backup files to see if that would work when I got your message. Thanks so much!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you recently enabled Norton VPN? If so, it seems to be interfering with Quicken.
  • windylindy
    windylindy Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, but I don't use Norton. I suspect this has to do with a recent update. Ugh! Any idea how to reverse an update?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• windylindy
    windylindy Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help but none of this worked. This all happened, I think, when an automatic update happened. Is there a way to roll-back to the previous version? I don't want the new version if I can't update any of my Quicken accounts. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it. Thoughts?
  • windylindy
    windylindy Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oh, I think you might be a rock star! It appears to be working! I was in the process of just going back one-at-a-time to backup files to see if that would work when I got your message. Thanks so much!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @windylindy

Thank you for taking the time to come back and respond and let us know that worked to correct the issue.

I am glad to hear that all is well!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.