Beginning balance incorrect when reconciling after upgrading to new version.

I recently changed to the new subscription version. It is causing a LOT of problems. It looks like transactions for old, inactive or closed accounts which were previously reconciled are now showing up again.

Answers

• Rick Coover
    Rick Coover Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. I never had an issue with Q2017 but now that you have to buy a subscription, the whole program just made my life miserable. I have transactions from 2010 appearing, closed accounts showing up with balances. I have no idea where I stand at this point.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    If you're talking about the "Prior Balance" in a reconcile dialog ... see this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20081057#Comment_20081057

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mark_j_rossetti
    mark_j_rossetti Member ✭✭
    Rick, that is EXACTLY the problem I am experiencing.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mark_j_rossetti

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Sorry for the late response. Have you checked on the link that NotACPA posted? I believe you had fairly similar issues but I'm unsure if they're exactly the same. I know I also replied to you inside of that post but I'm not sure if you're still having the issue.

When you get a chance could you let me know. 

Thanks, 
    -Quicken Francisco

• mark_j_rossetti
    mark_j_rossetti Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco. What I did was to go back and manually change all the old entries to “R” status. I then reconciled the accounts and let Quicken enter any adjustments necessary. I guess I won’t know if that worked until the next reconciliation. I have been using Quicken since the very first version and I have never been so dissatisfied as I am now. I wish I could have found a viable alternative.
  • Ed6
    Ed6 Member ✭✭
    I don't know how to manually change an entry to "R" status! And I have data going back to 2006, so manual changes would take a long long time. any other solutions?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Ed

If you're on Mac hold the option key on your keyboard and then try clicking on the CLR box for a transaction you should get a green check mark now.

If you're on windows right click on the selected transactions and go down to reconcile status. Once here you'll be able to select reconciled.

Hopefully that helps you out!

-Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.