Log on issues

I have used Quicken for many years but I am not very good with the technical side of the product. I am using version R24.14. I never had this question before, but every time I log on now I get a screen that asks 3 questions:
Do I want to load a file from this PC?
Do I want to load a file from a CD, or other off computer file?
Do I want to start a new file?

In the past, when I logged on to the product it simply brought up the last file worked on. I do have a backup with the most current file but I don't understand why I have to load the information from the backup file everytime I use my Quicken now.

Can you help me? I am very confused.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• WES
    WES Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Ever since Quicken version R28.14, including versions R28.16 and R28.18, I get asked every day for my login username/password. I did not used to have to do this unless I had tried to open Quicken without an internet connection. Now it happens once (first time) every day.

But that is not the main issue.  When I enter my username/password, the login screen just spins endlessly and Quicken never comes up.  I have to go to Task Manager and kill the quicken program, restart Quicken, reenter my username password a second time -- then Quicken comes up.  This consistently happens.
    QW.jpg 74.3K
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    WES said:
    Ever since Quicken version R28.14, including versions R28.16 and R28.18, I get asked every day for my login username/password. I did not used to have to do this unless I had tried to open Quicken without an internet connection. Now it happens once (first time) every day.

But that is not the main issue.  When I enter my username/password, the login screen just spins endlessly and Quicken never comes up.  I have to go to Task Manager and kill the quicken program, restart Quicken, reenter my username password a second time -- then Quicken comes up.  This consistently happens.
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the data file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with your Quicken ID
This discussion has been closed.