How to download transactions from a Closed Account?

I would like to view and download transactions from a closed account. The account does not show up in Account View (even after checking show hidden accounts), but a transaction shows up in an active account as a transfer from the closed account. I would like to see the history of the closed account.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeffrey Kirk
    Jeffrey Kirk Member ✭✭✭
    Edit: Using Q19 and W10.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you used the "Close Account" feature in Quicken you can't download transactions into it.

You only choices are to restore from a backup before it was closed or create a new account, download into it and copy the transactions back into the old account or maybe just keep using the new one.

This "permanency" is the reason I never use the "Close Account" feature.  Instead I just take the same steps it does manually.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jeffrey Kirk
    Jeffrey Kirk Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks UKR and Chris. I figured it out minutes after I posted. Thanks again.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    This "permanency" is the reason I never use the "Close Account" feature.  Instead I just take the same steps it does manually.
    Same here.... a couple of bank accts and mutual funds were drawn down and physically closed - but I just moved them down in Quicken -
    SO - what is the purpose of the Quicken Close Account -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    SO - what is the purpose of the Quicken Close Account -

It automates what you can do manually, but it also is "non reversible".
    1. It deactivates downloading (and it can't be reactivated, message on the Online Services tab replaces the normal control saying this).
    2. Deactivates the account for bill pay if it is turned on.
    3. It removes reminders.
    4. It select Hide in Transaction Entry Lists (and you can't unselect it).
    5. It put an icon (show below) besides the account name in various places.
    6. The balance in the account bar is set blank, instead of just having 0.00.
    This is one of the areas where I really disagree with Quicken Inc.  I always felt that there was no reason not make this process reversible, but it is their product and long time users can always to it the "old way" which was used for all of Quicken's history until they put this feature in based on the requests for a "Close Account" from users.

Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup - I just moved them down and out - or Hide them -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW a personal quirk, I really hate the icon they used, reminds me of something would put on a message where someone has done something wrong.  :)
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.