How to mark an eBill paid by Quicken BillPay after transitioning to QuickPay

Options
I am a current user of Quicken Bill Pay.

During the transition to QuickPay, I am adding QuickPay billers.

For some of these billers, I have Quicken Bill Pay payments either "paid" or about to be paid.

So, the QuickPay bill is flagged as owing money. With the buttons provided, I can "Pay with Quick Pay" (which of course has already been done with Quicken BillPay) but there is no way to mark the displayed bill as being "paid."

I do hope that when the payment is processed at the biller, the next eBill update will mark as paid. Please?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Continental540

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

On the Bills and Income screen in Quicken, do you see the 3 dots next to the bill in question?

When selecting the three dots, do you have an option to mark the bill as paid or is this option greyed out or missing?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Continental540
    Continental540 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This option was not present (I am aware of the three dots).
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Continental540

Thank you for the response and for confirming that you do not have the option present to mark the transaction as paid.

May I ask, if you navigate to the "Projected Balances" tab within the Bills and Income Screen do you see the bill in question listed in the register view?

If not, please be sure the filters are set to display the correct account and current time period.

If you are able to locate the bill here, are you able to select the bill and mark it as paid?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Continental540
    Continental540 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, this is what I did, not exactly what you wanted (by my mistake).

I saw the credit card bill on the "Bills Tab" and clicked on the "Mark as Paid" button. That changed the status to "Not Cleared." It looks like I mistakenly sent a payment via Quicken Bill Pay (I am diligently trying to switch to QuickPay). In addition, I sent an extra payment to the same credit card account via QuickPay, more than the minimum required. However, in the register, the QBP payment is marked as "Sent"; the QP payment is marked as accepted with the lightning bold and green check mark.

I feel my answers are vague. I think part of the problem is that I am trying to learn a new paradigm in managing my bills and payments.

To be honest, I never really used the electronic bill management feature in the past as it was not fool proof for me -- I missed some bills on occasion, and that was not acceptable. So, my method was to rely on receiving the paper bill monthly, and I would pay electronically (or with a check, as appropriate). And never missed a payment.

Now it looks like I will be dependent on the Bill Manager (just to point out that there is nothing actually titled Bill Manager, it's really the Bills and Income Tab). OK, I'm fine with the change, but it is really different from what I am used to. In a way, there are too many options and choices. I want to be notified that there is action needed (eg, a bill has arrived), and then pay that bill with as few choices to make as reasonably possible.

I appreciate your taking the time to trouble shoot.
This discussion has been closed.