I can not modify a paycheck entry this has stopped working in the past 2 weeks.

:( I have windows Quicken the disk is from 2017 but I apparently have a memebership and it is still good it says i am using the latest build. I have Windows 8.1 Pro. My pay changes with every 2 week paycheck. It is automatically entered (as best i recall, I might just have a reminder) but i have to modify the values every two weeks this is the first time this has happened. When i go to look at the paycheck window when I hit the button to see the split I only see about 4 values at the top of the screen the rest is blank. I looked at previous checks and it displays the same 4 values and no way to get to the rest of values. Other split transactions are still viewable and modifyable.

Best Answer

Answers

• ksr90171
    ksr90171 Member
    So it seems that my data file has gotten too large it goes back to 1999. I need to use the copy or end of year functions to break things up and make them smaller.
  • ksr90171
    ksr90171 Member
    :/ Well seems that answer I was given (above) by Quicken's support was WRONG i made the file 7,000KB smaller and I still have the same problem.
    Sherlock that was what I was doing was hitting the split button and it would not show it split correctly. But you are right, the button at the end of transaction and the check mark button and under the menu (Edit>Transaction>Split...) all give me the same messed up display without all the items split out but Ctrl+Shift+S gives me a basic / typical split display unlike the 'paycheck' split window that would normally come up. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.