Is Deluxe 2020 available on disc?

or only as a download? If only a download, what would happen if I get a new computer?

Best Answers

Answers

• kcastle129
    kcastle129 Member ✭✭
    Good points ~ thank you both!
  • kcastle129
    kcastle129 Member ✭✭
    Okay, just purchased from Amazon and have the activation code. Only problem now is I don't see where to enter it. The instructions:

Renew/change membership
    1. Launch Quicken on your Windows or Mac computer.
    2. Select ‘Help’ and from the menu select ‘Enter Activation Code’ … to continue.
    3. Enter your 16-digit one-time-use activation code seen on your activation card.

But my Help does give an option to enter the code. What am I doing wrong?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you purchased from Amazon.com and you are NEW to Quicken Subscription, go to here:  https://www.quicken.com/activate
    Select I am a new Quicken Member.
    Click the one for Windows or Mac Computers.
    Download it. Save it for now.

Why? You will probably have problems later. Use the procedures for QCleanUi written in the procedure.

Once uninstalled, click on the latest Quicken, just downloaded and save. Right-click and click Run as administrator to install it.

Once this one is installed, you can Activated the program. After Quicken is activated, use your browser and go to: https://www.quicken.com/  Click on SIGN IN and click My Account. After you are logged in, you need to see Download Quicken.

Delete the Quicken Installer that you previously save, because it can't be re-used.
    Download the New Quicken Program for either Windows or Mac Computer.

If you are going to be using a File Password with your Quicken Data File, you will have a wait after logging in. If you don't want to wait. Uninstall Quicken, again.
    Reinstall Quicken from the Quicken installer, you downloaded from your Account.

I had to do it for a friend, so I know what I am talking about.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• kcastle129
    kcastle129 Member ✭✭
    Hi there, I do still have the disc from my current Quicken 2017 as well as an external drive. Should I still do all of the steps you outlined?
  • kcastle129
    kcastle129 Member ✭✭
    Frankx, I was referring to the creator's response as to if I needed to do the steps he outlined if I still had my 2017 disc. Nonetheless, I followed the download link you and Sherlock provided and it worked just fine!! Thanks so much everyone!
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kcastle129 ,

I'm here.

You don't need to reinstall Quicken 2017 in order to Install Quicken Subscription product.

But if you are going to use a File Password, you will need to reinstall.

Why? Because of a Bug on the Activation Server. You will see the bug.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• kcastle129
    kcastle129 Member ✭✭
    Hi the creator, FYI, maybe they fixed the bug because I do have a Data File Password and could open my new 2020 without any issues. Just want that out there for others if they have any concerns. Thanks again for your help.
This discussion has been closed.