I am repeatedly asked to go online and reenter login credentials every time I use Quicken

Just for the last week or so, every time I open a Quicken file I get a message box stating that I must go online and enter my login credentials. This used to only happen when I got a program update or I clicked One Step Update. How do I resolve this issue, so that I can work offline?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Lane_Asoch

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To help me understand what could be happening, may I ask what credentials this screen is asking for?

Is the login screen for the Quicken ID or for the vault password?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a data file password ?
    Does your screen images look like this - with the "logon" screen in the background ?
    If so, it's a bug - you can ignore it, and the screen will disappear in about 20secs

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Lane_Asoch
    Lane_Asoch Member ✭✭
    Thank you, but unfortunately the answers to your questions are No and No.
    I don't have a data file password, and the screen is asking for a Quicken account password, not a data file password. But I appreciate your attempt to help
  • Lane_Asoch
    Lane_Asoch Member ✭✭
    Hi, Quicken Tyka. It is asking for Quicken ID (email address) and password.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not facing a File Password, problem, but simply a Token that needs to be renewed at least every two to three weeks, when not using Quicken regularly.

You might be able to stop it, by disabling your Network Adapter before opening Quicken up.
    Disable Network Adapter.
    Open Quicken.
    Use Quicken.
    Close Quicken.
    Re-enable Network Adapter.

You will not be able to import a Web Connect File, while the Network Adapter is disabled. You will only be able to use Quicken, manually.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.