How do I import an annuity from Fidelity?

All other Fidelity accounts imported - but not teh annuity. ??

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it held at Fidelity Investments, or Fidelity NetBenefits?
    And, do you simply receive income from this annuity?  Do you have any say as to how it's invested?  If you die, do your beneficiaries receive anything?
    Lastly, What Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.  AND, if it's present there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• huntsouth
    huntsouth Member
    Quicken 2020 - R25.21 Valid until 4/2/2021
    Fidelity Investments
    Annuity is a Fixed Deferred Annuity account - no income received. Yes - beneficiaries will recieve.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HMMM, I'm not sure that this is downloadable.  You'd need to check with Fidelity's tech support about that.
    I have an annuity that I received when a former employer converted their pension plan into a 401k.  It's recorded in Q as a non-investment "Asset" type account. 
    As I aged, the value of the annuity increased each year, and I'd post an adjustment to the account to reflect it's increased face value, until it was time to start withdrawing.
    Then, I started to record transfers from the Annuity account to my checking account ... until the value of the Annuity account drops below $0, at which time I'll start recording the monthly income as coming from an "Annuity Category" that I'll set up.
    Should I die before the account goes to $0, my wife inherits the balance as a transfer to one of her accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.