Ninja Development Service for Quicken a legitimate company?

Options
In 2018 I signed up with Ninja Development Service for Quicken life-time support for my MAC & paid $499. 00. Now I am being asked to pay an additional $49.99 for a membership fee. Is this a legitimate company?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I wouldn't bet on that.  WHO is charging the $49.99?  If it's Quicken, I suspect that such is the annual renewal fee for Q itself.
    Please do HELP, About Quicken (Quicken, About Quicken on a Mac) and tell us the exact DESKTOP product that you're running, the BUILD of that product and the "Valid Thru date", if present, of that product.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @cyprus8018

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. Ninja Development Group is a scam. Quicken does cost 49.99 for an annual renewal but that would be directly through quicken not them. If they're asking you to pay money to them do not do so. Since the original 500 was quite a while ago I don't think it would be possible to dispute with your bank but it might be worth a shot. Quicken support included in the product when purchased. I would also advise you to double check which email you're currently signed in under. If you go to

edit -> preferences -> Quicken ID, Sync and alerts  do you see your email listed there or is it an unknown one to you?

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• cyprus8018
    cyprus8018 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The only "Edit" I see is the Edit for Safari. Where is the one that has Preferences as an option?
  • cyprus8018
    cyprus8018 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have version 5.15.2, Build 515 33015.100, for MAC OS 10.14.6, valid until 3/22/20
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @cyprus8018

That 49.99 is more than likely the renewal. As long as you do it through the quicken website it'll be safe. As far as the Ninja Development Services, if they do contact you I would advise against responding to anything they have to offer. As I previously said as well you could try to dispute the original 500 with the bank but I'm not sure how that will go.

I do wish you luck if you choose to do so!

-Quicken Francisco

• cyprus8018
    cyprus8018 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I never let them do a screen share with my computer since I was suspicious of them and continue to be.. I'll try to get a refund but I too am doubtful I'll be successful. Thank you for your advice. I'm still not able to find out which email address I used with Ninja. Please send me those instructions again.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @cyprus8018

When you select quicken in the top left you should see the word quicken. Click on that then the first option should say about quicken. In here you'll see where it says registered to this quicken id. Right below should be your email attached. If it's not you'll want to click on quicken again in the top right and on that dropdown menu you should see the option sign out and sign into your personal one.

Hopefully this helps out!

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.