How do I actually enter a Check Pay transaction?

Hello. I previously set up a Payment Account for Quicken Bill Manager. It has been enabled for Quick Pay and Check Pay. I have been very happy using Quick Pay and have had much success with other billers.

Today I tried to add a new online biller (Target Card Services) but it keeps failing. Not surprised as Target has always been problematic. So I decided to set it up for Check Pay.

I went to Bills & Income > Bills > +Check Pay Payee. I entered all the billing info it asked. Ok, great, now what? How do I actually make a payment?

I read the info here: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-set-quick-pay-and-check-pay. which seems to indicate I need to set up a Manual bill? Ok, Bills & Income > Bills > +Manual Bill. I enter the name "Target Card Services" but when I click on the box "Allow paying with Check Pay" an "Edit Payee" box pops-up. I already entered all this information previously. And if I try to enter it again, it says this payee is already set up.

So, what can I do now? Considering how easy Quick Pay was I'm really surprised Check Pay is so difficult.

Thanks for your help!

Quicken Premier for Mac

Best Answer

Answers

• richard13
    richard13 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Tyka! This was very helpful and I was able to resolve my issue!

Quicken Premier for Mac

This discussion has been closed.