Won't show a transaction with FCNTX

Have multiple accounts with multiple Fidelity mutual funds.

However, have bought FCNTX (Fidelity Contra) in one account and it will not display in the fund or security list. Have tried deleting the transaction and re-entering. Have tried doing the transaction in a different account and same results - Won't show up.

I can't delete FCNTX in the Watch List because it won't show. On the Crtl-Y security list where it does show up there isn't a way to delete it. The Delete box is g :# rayed out.

In the CTRL Y list, I have Download quotes and Watch List both checked. However, when I do a report it shows the transaction there, just not in the account.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    We can not delete a security from the Security List while it is referenced in a transaction.  If you select Report, you should find the references.

If the Hide box is checked for the security in the Security Listthe security will not appear in other forms of a security list unless Show Hidden is checked.

If a security does not appear in a portfolio view or report, I suggest you select Customize, the Securites tab, and check the security.
  • Steavis
    Steavis Member ✭✭
    OK, deleted the ONLY transaction with FCNTX. Got out of Quicken and re-opened.

Went to Security List and looked at FCNTX, did a report and NO transactions.
    Delete is still grayed out and it doesn't show on the watch list even though it is selected.

Now what?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Perhaps you have hidden transactions referencing the security: select Edit > Preferences...

or a hidden investment account.
  • Steavis
    Steavis Member ✭✭
    Made no difference.

Is there anything with FCNTX that I should look for on the security view?

I have plenty of other Fidelity funds as transactions in many other accounts and no problem until this one transaction.

I put a dummy transaction for another Fidelity fund in the same account and it shows up with no problem.

I did a dummy transaction for FCNTX in another account and it doesn't show either.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Steavis said:
    Made no difference.

Is there anything with FCNTX that I should look for on the security view?

I have plenty of other Fidelity funds as transactions in many other accounts and no problem until this one transaction.

I put a dummy transaction for another Fidelity fund in the same account and it shows up with no problem.

I did a dummy transaction for FCNTX in another account and it doesn't show either.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try the Copy and Validate described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Steavis
    Steavis Member ✭✭
    OK, did the validate and still the same problem. Is there something about a SECURITY that would make it just not show some places and show in other places (like the SECURITY LIST)?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Steavis said:
    OK, did the validate and still the same problem. Is there something about a SECURITY that would make it just not show some places and show in other places (like the SECURITY LIST)?
    Not that I can think of.  Unless someone else chimes in here, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
This discussion has been closed.