Questions about upgrading from 2017

Options

Best Answer

Answers

• BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have put it off but need to also upgrade from Quicken 2017 over the next few weeks so I do not lose my download capability and electronic bill paying. I have a subscription CD. I use electronic payments with a bank (so it appears under "online" and shows payees, transactions, emails and I can enter a transaction with "send online payment". I assume this is Quicken Billpay???? I have had it forever. And also utilize multiple downloads from cards, investments, etc.

I had another thread on upgrading from Quicken 2017 to the subscription model from a while ago. The other thread provided very detailed procedures regarding upgrading.

I have a functioning Quicken ID.

My understanding is that I insert the CD, input my Quicken ID account info and code from my subscription CD, and then put away the CD and download the software from my quicken account and install....

Then there are detailed instruction to do a total uninstall and wipe of the old version, however I have read others just installed on top of their current version of Quicken which is what I have always done. Knowledgeable user recommended the uninstall method. Of course data backups are a must. Losing my preferences with an uninstall scares me.

I always like to know about problems I can expect to experience in advance. Since many have done this, what issues are we talking about here? I have had some in the past, but as noted above, given the support issues during this time, I am concerned about upgrading.

Any input from users that have gone through this or "known issues" would be appreciated. Will it carryover my online links to my banks, etc? Losing my electronic bill paying is not an option and losing the downloads for an extended period also is not.

Thanks,
    BJB
  • BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for that great explanation. I am using direct connect so apparently nothing will change.
    Thanks,
    BJB
  • BJB
    BJB Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was unable to edit my prior comment....to continue....

As far as starting another thread, I already received some very detailed input on best practices on how to upgrade but it was a while ago. I was just wondering if any new issues have popped up over the last few months regarding the upgrade process from 2017. I just went there and my other thread was "closed" so I could not ask for an update there and I don't think it would be appropriate to duplicate my prior request for input.

I guess if no one here has any new show-stoppers that have popped up, I am dealing with the usual upgrade unknowns and no one specific issue.

Good to know there is no database upgrade moving from 2017 to this version. VERY good.

Thanks,
    BJB
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, yes you are right, there shouldn't be any need for a new thread.

No there isn't any new show-stoppers that I know of.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.