Where is "File import" for Quicken Transfer Format QXF files?

Options
GlennQuser
GlennQuser Member ✭✭
My sister uses the Mac version and she saved her data file as a .qxf file. I need to open it in my Windows version. The Win Quicken help says to create a new data file, then choose File menu > File Import > select file. I created a new file but in the File drop down, there is no option for File Import. How can I import this qxf file. The Win version only looks for qdf qdb qdt files to open.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think somebody messed up the instructions that you are reading.
    There's a separate selection for QXF files in the File / File Import menu.
    Open your new, empty QDF file in Quicken, then select the QXF file import menu item.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that Quicken Starter doesn't have the Quicken Transfer Format (QXF) import (or export), if you have Starter version you will need to update to Deluxe or above.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Note that Quicken Starter doesn't have the Quicken Transfer Format (QXF) import (or export), if you have Starter version you will need to update to Deluxe or above.
    Are there also limitations on what is actually exported
    and can therefore be imported ?
    Thinking about different types of accounts
    and other specific elements of Quicken.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ps56k said:
    Are there also limitations on what is actually exported and can therefore be imported ?
    Thinking about different types of accounts and other specific elements of Quicken.

Yes, Quicken Windows QXF import will not import investment accounts/transactions.

Also saved reports, budget, ... won't transfer (not included in the QFX file).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.