Home & Business to Deluxe

I currently have Home & Business installed. Can I convert the file to the Deluxe version?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can downgrade to Deluxe without a problem.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all the same data file - only the software "features" change, along with how the Deluxe version of software views the HB info...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What product year of H&B do you have installed?  What BUILD of H&B?  You can get this info by doing HELP, About Quicken.
    If your H&B product is fairly recent, there should be no issues other than those mentioned above.
    If your H&B product is older, you MIGHT need to go thru a file conversion to bring it into the Deluxe subscription product.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• loddes2427
    loddes2427 Member
    Thanks for all the advice. Converted without a hitch
  • Joe Rutansky
    Joe Rutansky Member ✭✭
    I have the same situation -- currently on H&B 2017 R20.2 and considering downgrading to Deluxe in the subscription model since I'm not really using business functionality.

Should I expect any issues?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Joe Rutansky

Thank you for reaching out on the community. You should experience no issues with converting over from 2017 HBR to 2020 Deluxe. Like previous users have said you lose the couple of extra features that HBR does have compared to deluxe but your file will remain the same otherwise.

Hope This helps out!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.