How do I convert deposits into paychecks?

My paycheck is automatically deposited into my checking account. When I run the One Step Update it adds my deposit to my checking account registry. How do I have this deposit use my paycheck template I set up.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Record the paycheck in your account BEFORE you do the download.
    When you download, the downloaded transaction should Match with the pre-recorded transaction.
    If it doesn't match, you need to inspect the template and figure out what's different between the template and your paystub.
    With the non-matched transactions that are already in your account, I'd go back and one-by-one delete them and replace with the "template'.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Record the paycheck in your account BEFORE you do the download.
    When you download, the downloaded transaction should Match with the pre-recorded transaction.
    If it doesn't match, you need to inspect the template and figure out what's different between the template and your paystub.
    With the non-matched transactions that are already in your account, I'd go back and one-by-one delete them and replace with the "template'.

• fschmid
    fschmid Member ✭✭✭
    How do I change the deposits that are already in the account to paychecks? If you say I can't. Why not? I should be able to convert deposits to paychecks. It doesn't make sense there is not an easier way to do this.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    fschmid said:
    How do I change the deposits that are already in the account to paychecks? If you say I can't. Why not? I should be able to convert deposits to paychecks. It doesn't make sense there is not an easier way to do this.

Re-read the last paragraph of my prior reply.

This discussion has been closed.