current entries on register don't show at top of list but at bottom.

I have a register where I record dividends reinvested from a stock. In Jan I took the next four quarters dividend in cash and was sent four checks. The type I used was "dividend Income" and entered amount in amount. then I transferred the amount using "miscellaneous" to my checking account. Both of those entries stayed at the bottom of the list instead of moving up to the top of the register where they belong. How do I get them up there?

Best Answers

• Sooty_
    Sooty_ Member
    Answer ✓
    ALMOST AS I WROTE IT I ANSWERED IT MY SELF. THANKS

Answers

• Sooty_
    Sooty_ Member
    I don't know what your response "body is required "means.
  • Sooty_
    Sooty_ Member
    RIGHT ON. BUT NOW MY QUESTION IS WHY HAS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SHARES CHANGED FROM A INCREASED TOTAL TO JUST THE AMOUNT OF THIS TRANSACTION.
  • Sooty_
    Sooty_ Member
    Answer ✓
    ALMOST AS I WROTE IT I ANSWERED IT MY SELF. THANKS
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    re: your number of shares question, look for "Placeholder" transactions in the account.
    A placeholder is generated by Q to bring your shares in the Q account into agreement with the # of shares that your brokerage says you have.  It, basically, means that your account is out of balance and requires effort on your part to reconcile the transactions.
    To view Placeholder transactions, click EDIT, Preferences, Investment Transactions, Show Hidden transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.