Add an indicator of the thread starter

Sometimes I get so deeply into a long thread I forget who the thread starter (aka OP) was. Some forums identify the OP in each of his/her posts within the thread. That would be a useful addition to the forum.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    In the old QLC, this was easily done by highlighting with a yellow background the user name in each post in the thread that matched the user name of the OP.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Hello All,
    We're looking in to doing something subtle, like a color change:

Any objections?
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm confused by your example above because one post from you is white and the other is blue. Was this intended to be a response to a different thread asking to make Accepted Answers more visible? (If so, :+1:)

This thread was asking for the name of the OP to be highlighted or flagged in some way throughout a thread, so it would be easy to identify the originator of the thread. Is this showing that every post by the OP will be turned to the blue shade? (But why is your first post above not bleu but the second one is?)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the highlight of the ENTIRE post is to ID the OP, I wonder how busy it will look when there is a lot of back and forth? And I wonder to other readers if it will be obvious why some posts are highlighted and others not? 

Would it not be simpler to just highlight the NAME of the OP in each post? QLC does it that way and it becomes obvious as to what the highlight means AND it is not obtrusive.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• @jacobs Sorry for the confusion--the top 'white' post is the original post, then the reply is from me, the OP, highlighted in light grey/blue-ish.  In the thread, each reply from the OP would have this background color.

@smayer97 We don't currently have the option to highlight the name; we're looking into it, but right now, this is the option we have to call out the OP's replies.

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then it seems like a better than nothing solution to try out. So no objections here. ;)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    This six-month-old suggestion deserves a bump.
    Bump.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpty bump. Suggestion is a year old with no action.