How can I edit a scheduled transaction?

Some I now want to delete completely; others I need to change the amount.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Double click the transaction in the register or in Bills & Income > Projected Balances. If you want to change the amount in just this occurrence, enter it in the amount field.

Otherwise, in the blue bar that appears below the transaction, click Edit All Instances or Delete All Instances.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • dpchamp
    dpchamp Member
    TY for reaching out to me!!
    When I double click on the transaction in the register, it only allows editing of that transaction…does NOT mention "edit all instances" or "delete all instances."

I found the Bill & Income >Projected Balances…but it only goes back about 2 years (so I deleted from there forward)…I am trying to get everything straightened up for a longer period than that…is there any way to do from a date forward?

This has been made soooo difficult from previous version (old) I was working with. Other things have been some simpler.
  • RickO
    When you double click the transaction in the register, do you see this below the transaction?

If not, are you sure you're double clicking a future copy of the transaction and not one of the past already-paid copies?

If you don't see any future copies in the register, go to the account settings (menu Accounts > Settings) and set it to show the next or some number of future transactions

You can tell you are editing a future transaction by the clock icon that will appear in the Status (•) column.

• dpchamp
    dpchamp Member
    Ahhhh… did not know it had to be a future transaction in order to see that at the bottom…I am sure that will solve it.
    How do I get it to post scheduled transactions without my having to click on the clock and make it post?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    dpchamp said:
    How do I get it to post scheduled transactions without my having to click on the clock and make it post?
    On the Transaction Details screen, on the right side where it says "Mark as Paid", pull down the menu and change from the default of "I'll do it myself" (e.g. manually mark it paid) to one of the options for having Quicken automatically mark it paid.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    While editing the transaction details, click the popup under Payment Method and choose Automatically.

• dpchamp
    dpchamp Member
    Thanks to both Jacobs and RickO!!! I did that on the new one I created (starting date a few years ago) over the weekend, but it posted many of them with the clock. I will see how it treats it as I am trying to get everything reconciled!!

Thanks again!!!
  • drcuddy
    drcuddy Member ✭✭
    A big THANK YOU to @RickO for explaining how to delete a scheduled transaction. I searched all over the Bills and Income page, thinking that would be the logical place to manage the future bill and income transactions that had been programmed. It's not at all obvious that to delete a series of payments (monthly tax payments, for example), one needs to go to the register, select one of the post-dated transactions, and delete the series there.

And another big THANK YOU for the tip about specifying (in Settings) to show "the next occurrence of each series". The series that I wanted to delete didn't start for a couple of months. It didn't appear in the account register, nor in the list of transactions on the Bills and Income page.
This discussion has been closed.