want to switch from desktop to online use

I have been thrust into my Administrator's position - and finding that we are utilizing Quicken on a desktop ONLY - trying to see if we can get this online and get everything transferred over - if yes, which I am assuming - trying to find cost factor, pros/cons, how many accounts, etc., - whatever info anybody can share please -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is NO QUICKEN ONLINE PRODUCT.  The Q Mobile App, and Q on the Web are adjuncts to the desktop product ... which is still required for Q Mobile and Q Web to work.
    Quickbooks has a web based application.  You might try looking there to see if QB would work for you ... but NOTE, QB doesn't support investment accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ok so if the desktop version is on our admins computer - how would I access it without going to "her" computer ? sorry - learning the hard way here :)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might look into Remote Access software ... but be aware that Q is NOT intended to be used by multiple people OR for the data file to be stored other than on your hard drive.
    If all that you want to do is to "look" (but don't touch), then Q Web might work for you ... but you'd need to look into what types of accounts are eligible for Q Web. IIRC, that excludes investment accounts and possibly  asset type accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You would need a license for TeamViewer:  https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/

This would require a License for TeamViewer Use.

Business Users require a Subscription for TeamViewer.

Personal Users can use TeamViewer free.

And it requires TeamViewer to be installed on both computers.

For Quicken Subscription Products, they can be installed on unlimited computers as long as you are using the same Quicken User ID and password on each installation.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.