I just upgraded to Quicken Deluxe 2020_ it went fine But

terabyt14
terabyt14 Member ✭✭
When I download my recent transaction from banks and such it create several new account. Same name just (2) after them. The balances in these accounts are all negatives and nothing close. I do have a backup that i go back to

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like something changed in the account information to make it think that the downloaded transactions are coming from new online accounts.

What I would probably do is restore from backup, and deactivate the accounts that got duplicated, and then reactive them being sure to link the online accounts to the right Quicken accounts.  Note that this might result in duplicate transactions depending on what the connection type is (Express Web Connect will most likely cause duplicates).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • terabyt14
    terabyt14 Member ✭✭
    When I go to deactivate, it’s telling me that the accounts aren’t even set up. if I set up the account now I’m going to get 1 million duplicate listings?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In general, if you get duplicate transactions they should be limited to about 30 days.

It is very strange that those accounts aren't setup for downloading, but are duplicating.

Another thing you should probably do before updating is validate your data file to make sure there isn't any problems with it.
    File -> File Operations -> Validate and Repair... -> select Validate file -> OK
    Signature:
  • terabyt14
    terabyt14 Member ✭✭
    I did what you asked- it validated fine- no errors
    But when I download the transactions I still get dup accounts, also, everything I do takes forever. The swirling cursor come up and quicken update come up several time. I never had this problem with any other quicken release.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well right now everyone that is using accounts that use Express Web Connect is having problems because the financial institution's websites are being overloaded processing the stimulus checks.  There are numerous threads discussing this, so this might be the problem, at least with why things are taking so long.  There is also ironically a "warning dialog" that is slowing down the starting of One Step Update.  For some reason it is taking quite a long time for Quicken to post a message about the stimulus checks processing causing problems.  But once it does come up and you deselect showing it again, the One Setup Update dialog seems to come up at the normal speed.

As for you duplicate account problem I think I would now approach the problem with a different way to workaround it.

And that would be to "combine" the transactions into the second account and remove the first one.  This will be tricky because you will have to determine which transactions are new in the second account, and which are duplicates.  You would then remove the duplicates from the second account, and then move all the transactions from the first account to the second.

You can use this procedure to move transactions between accounts:

Also you can use the same multiple select method and on the right click menu there is a delete transactions.
    Signature:
  • terabyt14
    terabyt14 Member ✭✭
    This is getting beyond me- how do I have quicken fox this?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.