Is it possible to import QFX files by backdating laptop after Q2017 expires?

macbcubed
macbcubed Member ✭✭
I'm sure somebody has thought of this but I couldn't find a post on it. I'm using Q Deluxe 2017, windows 10 and believe I understand what happens when it expires this month. Here's the question: If I leave Q deluxe installed on an old laptop that I no longer connect to the internet and I change the date on it to an earlier date this year, would I be able to bring QFX files onto the laptop through a USB stick and import them into Quicken? Aka, can I trick my old laptop and Q2017 into thinking it is perpetually Jan 2020 and, with added hassle, continue to download my transactions in QFX format directly from my bank/credit card on another laptop and then import the transactions that way? I get that I will still lose updates on stock prices but wondering if this is a way to not have to go full manual transaction entry...

Comments

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    macbcubed said:
     If I leave Q deluxe installed on an old laptop that I no longer connect to the internet and I change the date on it to an earlier date this year, would I be able to bring QFX files onto the laptop through a USB stick and import them into Quicken? 
    No. Web Connect (QFX file import) expires along with all other online capabilities.

For back ground - in the QFX file import process, Quicken "calls home" to verify that the FI is a valid participant and that the version of Quicken is current. Your system would fail the test.
    Note that, without an internet connection, one can not import a QFX file - even with a valid FI and Quicken app. You get an error since the call home fails to complete.

Note: fixed QXF -> QFX typo
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• macbcubed
    macbcubed Member ✭✭
    Figured it was a long shot. Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Look into importing QIF files, they aren't included in the "online services" that are turned off.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.