Quicken Installer hangs up during installation of newly purchased subscription

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken Failed to install - Exit Code: 1638. What now?.

Comments

• scorbett52
    scorbett52 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Installer clears out previous version (2017 Premier) then hangs up (Not Responding) during installation of newly purchased subscription (Quicken Deluxe). Can't close Installer window with X or End Task in Task Manager. Have used Qcleanui app as recommended by Tech support with no success. Able to reinstall Quicken Premier 2017 with no problems. I am thinking there is something different between 2017 Installer and current Installer. Tried suggestion to reinstall 2017 and let Win 10 uninstall the app. Completed w/o issue. Restarted PC after completion of each step to eliminate possibility of data remaining in cache. Outcome remained the same. Have also reported issue to Microsoft. Lenny (Quicken Customer Service) was nice enough to extend my subscription 1month, but was unable to add anything else besides "you need a new computer". Running Windows 10 PRO Insider Preview; Ver 2004, Build 19603. AMD 4.7ghz, 16gb ram, 11tb disk space. See attached image
    Would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions that might help get this software installed/running.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @scorbett52

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At any time do you ever receive a Windows installation error or Windows crash report?

If you haven't done so already, you may consider creating a new admin and attempting to install Quicken on the new admin. The steps to do so are available here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.