PNC Bank - Direct connect vs Web connect

Options
I have two PNC checking accounts. One is Direct Connect and the other is Web Connect. The Direct works better and faster than Web on my slow satellite connection. I don't see an option to change the Web connect to Direct connect. Is there a way?
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the WC account, on the Online Services tab of Account Details, is there a blue link saying that an improved connection method is available?  If so, click on that and Quicken will take you through the DC set up process.
    If not, then you might want to try deactivating that WC account (on the Online Services tab).  It is also a good idea to remove all the Financial Institution Information from the top right corner of the General tab.
    Then go back to the Online Services tab and click on "Set up Now".  During the set up process you will likely be prompted to select what to do with the downloaded data.  Be sure to link it to your WC account in Quicken.  It might also download data for your DC account and ask you what to do with that (it will probably link it for you)...just make sure it is linked, as well.
    This process might download duplicate transactions into your register.  Accept them (makes it easier to determine which are duplicates and which are not) and then delete them from the register.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could the problem checking account be a virtual wallet account? If so, that is why you cannot change the connection method as VW is not supported.
This discussion has been closed.