Is there a way to create a custom report that would track total cash across all accounts?

Joe13
Joe13 Member ✭✭
I would like to have the ability to quickly determine my total cash across all accounts. To do this, the system would need to create a report that picked up cash balances in all investment and banking accounts.
Tagged:

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    While it isn't a custom report, does Reports:Account Summary not give you what you want? That shows cash balances across all accounts, albeit at the present moment.

The Net Worth Over Time will give you similar with monthly values.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @John_in_NC  Accounts Summary gives you the value of each account. But Joe is asking for a way to get report of just the cash in each account, not the net asset value.

So if I have an account with TD Ameritrade that consists of $10,000 in Apple stock and $1,000 in cash, Account Summary will show the $11,000 account value; Joe wants to pull just the $1,000 in cash, and compile that across all accounts. 

I can't think of a way to do that in Quicken Mac, can you?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    jacobs said:
    @John_in_NC  Accounts Summary gives you the value of each account. But Joe is asking for a way to get report of just the cash in each account, not the net asset value.

So if I have an account with TD Ameritrade that consists of $10,000 in Apple stock and $1,000 in cash, Account Summary will show the $11,000 account value; Joe wants to pull just the $1,000 in cash, and compile that across all accounts. 

I can't think of a way to do that in Quicken Mac, can you?
    No, I can't think of a report for the actual cash balance. 
  • talkinghead250
    talkinghead250 Member ✭✭
    I'd like to be able to run any of my reports by individual currency (which you can do now) AND across all currencies (a new feature that I'd like to see).
This discussion has been closed.