Release notes for 2017 R20.2

Ron Hudspeth
Ron Hudspeth Unconfirmed ✭✭
Just had Quicken 2017 Premier auto-update to R 20.2 (build 26.1.20.2). As is unfortunately what seems typical, I can't seem to find the release notes anywhere, nor does the mondo update include it. The paranoid me wonders if this update is to make sure the program crashes after the elapsed support period at the end of this month. The non-paranoid me agrees with the paranoid me because, after all, it is Quicken and their track record is pretty sketchy...

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't much, but this is all you get:

As always, it would be nice if there was more information rather than the generalities that are provided.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• exPatBrit
    exPatBrit Member ✭✭
    Only just installed it but first thing I noticed is that they may have fixed the problem they created a few weeks back with "automatically enter repeating transaction xx days before due date". After OneStep Update things looked a lot cleaner. I set most of mine up to auto-enter 32 days before due date so I can fix the amount as statements arrive and then cash-flow for the next four weeks.
  • Gil
    Gil Member ✭✭
    I just did a Chat with Customer Support. The guy couldn't tell me anything more than what Splasher posted above. I agree with Ron H above. I do not trust a patch provided by this company one week before product expiration not to introduce the offensive "subscription expiration banner" (or similar) to punish users who paid for their software and elect to continue to use it without the benefit of Online Services.
  • Rick -Q17P User
    Rick -Q17P User Member ✭✭
    Some time ago (actually several yrs ago) when there were a lot of problems with Quicken software, one of my suggestions was that "they" provide more info on updates that affect all users. And not just gloss over the issue.
    To date, none of that transpired. So who can u trust?
    The info provided on 20.2 for Q 2017 is paltry at best.
    To me as subscription based system is a license to over charge.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that you download/save and keep the previous release patch for QW2017 from this website in case you need it in the future.
    Quicken Patches 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.