One Step Update Summary doesn't show dates.

Since updating from Quicken 2017 to 2020, my One Step Update Summary has 3 dots where the dates should be. If I hover over the dots with the mouse I can see a date. This is a real pain but I can't find any way to get the dates back. I just hate doing updates because it seems like something always gets screwed up. PS: I'm not new to Quicken; just new to the 2020 version but I couldn't figure out where this would fit better.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you try unchecking View > Use Large Fonts.
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    Use larger fonts is not checked.
    I did try checking it and then unchecking it again but it didn't make any difference. Thanks.
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭
    I am trying to recreate your problem but I may not be understanding exactly what you are having a problem with. First off which operating system are using (I.e. Windows or Mac)? I have attached a screen shot of the One Step Update Summary from Windows but on my Mac I have it set to only show a summary if there are errors so it isn't easy to get one right now. In any case, I am pretty sure both of the summary pages will show dates but I don't see how these dates being displayed on this screen affects you. Can you clarify your problem a little more?
    Windows Quicken user since Zip drives were a thing
    Quicken Deluxe on Windows and Mac
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    My OS is Windows 7 Pro. I have it set to display all my accounts and I use it to check to see how recently they have been updated. It's not a big deal but it is a big annoyance that something that has worked well and that I have used for a long time no longer works right.
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭
    Oh ok so your window looks like the picture I attached except where mine shows the dates or Never yours just shows dots?
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    Basically, yes. Screen shot attached.
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭
    Maybe it a difference because of our versions of Quicken. You can find out by going to Help>About Quicken and here is what mine shows.
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    My year, version and build are all exactly the same as yours.
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭
    Also Quicken Deluxe?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    rrjeanes said:
    Use larger fonts is not checked.
    I did try checking it and then unchecking it again but it didn't make any difference. Thanks.
    As reducing Quicken's font size was not effective, I suggest you try increasing the Window's screen resolution: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14108/windows-7-change-screen-resolution
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    My resolution is set at 1920 x 1080 which is shown as "recommended" and is also the max it can be set.
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    Yes. My Quicken is Deluxe for Windows
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    rrjeanes said:
    My resolution is set at 1920 x 1080 which is shown as "recommended" and is also the max it can be set.
    Next possibly...  Review the application's compatibility properties.  Ideally, you should not require running the application in Compatibility mode or with any non-default DPI settings.
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    Not sure I understand what you're suggesting. I'm pretty sure I don't have any non-default DPI settings and my Quicken is supposed to be compatible with my Windows.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    rrjeanes said:
    Not sure I understand what you're suggesting. I'm pretty sure I don't have any non-default DPI settings and my Quicken is supposed to be compatible with my Windows.
    If you're not familiar with how to examine an application's compatibility properties, it isn't likely you've set them.  If you're interested in understanding what I was suggesting, you may want to review: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-10-make-older-apps-or-programs-compatible  Note: This page for Windows 10 but the functionality was similar in Windows 7.
  • rrjeanes
    rrjeanes Member ✭✭
    OK. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.