How do I archive old data?

Options
graepers
graepers Mac Beta Beta
I've been using Quicken since before Quicken 2007. I converted from 2007 to Quicken for Mac back in 2012. All of my accounts now have years of data in them that I want to archive. I'm just not sure how to accomplish that.
Is there a way to archive old data (Like from 2012 through 2017) and start with data from 2018 forward?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no way to archive past years of data as there was in Quicken 2007. The modern database is built to handle tens of thousands of transactions without getting corrupted or slowing very much, and because you can filter both transaction registers and reports to show just the time periods you want, the developers didn't see the need to purge old data.

There is a long thread about this topic here, and you can add your vote to it if you wish in the blue box under the first post -- but it is marked as "not planned" by the developers, so while we never say never, it's not functionality likely to be added anytime soon. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • graepers
    graepers Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply and for the link to the thread.
    Very interesting and very informative.

I love Quicken for Mac and have for over 13 years.

Steve
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    One of the items I truly appreciate about QM is the no archiving requirement, this was a must when I used QW.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is no way to archive past years of data as there was in Quicken 2007. The modern database is built to handle tens of thousands of transactions without getting corrupted or slowing very much, and because you can filter both transaction registers and reports to show just the time periods you want, the developers didn't see the need to purge old data.

There is a long thread about this topic here, and you can add your vote to it if you wish in the blue box under the first post -- but it is marked as "not planned" by the developers, so while we never say never, it's not functionality likely to be added anytime soon. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • graepers
    graepers Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply and for the link to the thread.
    Very interesting and very informative.

I love Quicken for Mac and have for over 13 years.

Steve
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    One of the items I truly appreciate about QM is the no archiving requirement, this was a must when I used QW.
This discussion has been closed.