mutual fund name change

Options
In November 2019, T. Rowe Price changed one of my mutual funds to a different name (International Growth Equity Trust D became International Growth Equity Trust A). I successfully made the name change in Quicken. However, all the downloaded transactions since that time for this mutual fund come in as the "old" name. I have to manually edit each transaction to reflect the "new" name. How can I fix this so that the downloaded transactions have the correct name?
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When this conversion took place, did you receive exactly the same number of shares of the "A" fund as you previously held in the "D" fund, and did the ticker symbol change?

If not you should have entered a "Mutual Fund Conversion" transaction rather then just changing the name.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • 40Love
    40Love Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, the shares were not 1 for 1. I don't really recall if I just did a name change or not. I've been using Quicken for a couple of decades and always try to make these changes accurately. Essentially, Quicken "removed" all of my shares in Trust D and then "added" each transaction as if it had been for Trust A all along.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, make sure Quicken has the correct ticker for the "A" fund, then un-check "Matched with online security" in the Security Details for both the "A" and "B" funds. 

The next time your FI has transactions to download for the "A" fund, you should get a prompt asking which security it should match to. Make sure you select the "A" fund. Then you will have to go back and correct the security for any past transactions. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • 40Love
    40Love Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you! I will try this the next time I have transactions.