Delay in downloading cleared transactions using desktop version

Options
I have been using 2020 DeLuxe for about two weeks now - and have noticed transactions that have cleared in my bank (WF) will not download on to my desktop on that day (using One Step Update feature which is set up correctly), despite being cleared - however they will then do so in the web and mobile versions when I run those just minutes later. Running Cloud Sync then pulls those downloaded transactions across into the desktop version, however that seems a very inefficient way of downloading my most recent transactions into my desktop register. Without using the web or mobile apps, the cleared transactions will eventually download onto my desktop - but only if they have been sitting cleared in my bank account for at least a day. So I am curious as to why there appears to be a delay of at least a day for these cleared transactions to want to download onto my primary tool, the desktop version of Quicken, instead of downloading either in their Pending state, or at the very least as soon as they have cleared? My apologies if this topic has been covered elsewhere or I am missing some functionality (which is quite possible) - but any advice offered would be gratefully received.

Best Answer

• SCM1959
    SCM1959 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sherlock - thank you - despite a heart stopping moment where I managed to recreate all my accounts in an attempt to edit my existing account settings to Direct Connect - I have now successfully deleted the unwanted newly created accounts and on second attempt use the Link To feature to update my existing accounts from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect. Less haste - more speed. I shall wait and see if it's done the trick - but my thanks for the response.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect you're using the Express Web Connect connection method.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you suspect the Express Web Connect data imported by an One Step Update is stale, I suggest you perform an Update Now: open the register and press Ctrl + Alt + U
  • SCM1959
    SCM1959 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sherlock - thank you - despite a heart stopping moment where I managed to recreate all my accounts in an attempt to edit my existing account settings to Direct Connect - I have now successfully deleted the unwanted newly created accounts and on second attempt use the Link To feature to update my existing accounts from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect. Less haste - more speed. I shall wait and see if it's done the trick - but my thanks for the response.
This discussion has been closed.