Quicken takes 2 minutes toload

Version R26.15
Build 27.1.26.15
Quicken takes about 90 seconds to load on Windows 7. I have performed a validate and repair which did not find any problems. Being overly cautious, I back up files to a flash drive, an external hard drive and dropbox. I also have Quicken installed on a HP Laptop with Windows 10 and restore files on that laptop from Dropbox. It is working with no problem.
If I have a corrupt data file and have saved that file to various back sources as noted above, and restore files from dropbox to my laptop, will that file also be corrupt? I don't want to have corrupt files on two computers.
What can I do on my Windows 7 computer to resolve the problem of Quicken taking so long to load?

Best Answers

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    I installed the Mondo patch and Quicken now loads faster and I can see the register on my computer screen,however, it is greyed out and the menu bar with Files, Edit, Tools,etc is not displayed. The spinning circle takes about 60 seconds and then then the menu bar loads and I can then use Quicken. I ran the validate files again and this is the result. 

Wed Apr 29 10:35:08 2020]

File: "C:\Users\Gary\Documents\Quicken\Quicken 2019" 

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Wed Apr 29 10:35:32 2020]
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the register on my computer screen,however, it is greyed out and the menu bar with Files, Edit, Tools,etc is not displayed.
    Can you provide a screen shot of this? Your data file does not appear to be corrupted.
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    It finally loaded so unable to post a screenshot of the screen. When I now backup to an external drive it takes about 60-90 seconds to backup while the little circle keeps spinning.. In addition, Quicken now syncs with the cloud after a backup. I have never performed a backup to Quicken Cloud but now it performs that sync automatically which takes another 90 seconds. Sync to the cloud does not have a checkmark in the box so don't know why it now syncs
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Turn off Sync in Preferences.  Also, trying to run the same file on 2 different machines can screw up the file, especially if sync is on.

Finally Win 7 is never going to be fast and really should not be supported by Quicken if it is not supported by Microsoft.
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Markus1957....Where do I find Sync in preferences. I scrolled through each menu item but don't see it list.
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate your reply and sorry to be a pain. When i click on Mobile and Web, it states: "We could not retrieve your account and cloud information. Please check your internet connection. Try again.
    My internet connection is working fine because I am online answering your reply. 
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2020
    Go to the Quicken ID section and sign in as a different user. Then sign back in with your same ID/PW.

Adding- it's possible Win 7 no longer has an acceptable level of encryption to connect to the Quicken server.  Make sure that in Win 7 Internet Options, Advanced tab that  the TLS 1.2 setting is enabled.
This discussion has been closed.