Duplicate Accounts Created after Upgrade and Update

I upgraded from Quicken 2017 Home & Business to a Quicken Premier subscription. The install worked fine and everything looked good upon first opening.

I did an update and the update process hung. After restarting Quicken, there are a number of accounts (all in banking and credit card accounts) that had a second account created that is the same name as an existing account, but with a "2" suffix. Some transactions are in each account. All of the duplicate accounts have a initial balance dated 4/30/2017.

I have several questions:
1. What caused this?
2. Will it happen again?
3. Is there any way to fix it other than merging the two accounts?

Best Answer

Answers

• mbutenko
    mbutenko Member
    Update to say that one whole credit card account disappeared. Also, it seems that many of the affected transactions involved splits or transfers.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mbutenko

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available HERE to go through the conversion process once more.

Upon converting the file once, if prompted to use the Mobile and Web Sync, please choose to not use mobile/web sync.

Try to update once more and see if the issue reoccurs.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.