How do I review imported qif data before it is inserted

Options
When importing QIF files from Payroll provider it goes directly into the register. How do I set it to let me review the entries first?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Since a very early patch to subscription Quicken (2018+), Quicken changed QIF imports to be auto-entered into the register.
    You can no longer review or match QIF file imports prior to acceptance.
    Yeah, I know, it stinks, but I have learned to live with it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod
    Options

Hello @ Scott Adams

Thank you for reaching out in the Community today. Though I do not have access to the Payroll Provider program and am unable to see or test its functionality, a solution might be to use a SAVE option rather than IMPORT/ EXPORT. Once saved, perhaps it could be opened in Excel for viewing? This question will probably be better answered in a Payroll Provider forum, but I hope this was helpful!

Thank you

-          Quicken Diana

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Since a very early patch to subscription Quicken (2018+), Quicken changed QIF imports to be auto-entered into the register.
    You can no longer review or match QIF file imports prior to acceptance.
    Yeah, I know, it stinks, but I have learned to live with it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Scott Adams
    Scott Adams Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you splasher.

It seems with every forced update to a new "improved" quicken they remove features I use. It has been happening for the last 20 years. Why should I be surprised now?
  • Scott Adams
    Scott Adams Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Diana said:
    > Hello @ Scott Adams
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out in the Community today. Though I do not
    > have access to the Payroll Provider program and am unable to see or test its
    > functionality, a solution might be to use a SAVE option rather than IMPORT/ EXPORT.
    > Once saved, perhaps it could be opened in Excel for viewing? This question will
    > probably be better answered in a Payroll Provider forum, but I hope this was
    > helpful!
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > -         
    > Quicken Diana

The QIF file is plain text and not comma separated so it doesn't really show much in Excel.

Opening it in notepad is easier to read. But it isn't the same as being able to review and accept within the register the way 2017 and earlier versions did.

Would be nice to have that feature back in 2018+
This discussion has been closed.