Quicken stopped updating a particular mutual fund

All of my other mutual fund investments can be updated, except one fund. It stopped updating prices since 4/13/2020. I verified that the One Step Update setting for that fund is checked. Also missing in the Investment register is the fund category for that fund. There are no other problems regarding the Investment register.
I certainly would appreciate help on this. Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which fund?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• uri2
    uri2 Member
    Hi Rocket- Thanks for responding. The fund in question is DTMEX, a DFA Tax Managed US Equity fund. All other DFA funds in this portfolio do get updated.

I have another, separate Quicken investment register, not related to the above, that has DTMEX included in it, and does get its quotes updated.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    uri2 said:
    I have another, separate Quicken investment register, not related to the above, that has DTMEX included in it, and does get its quotes updated.
    This is odd. A single security in 2 accounts should have the same price history in both accounts. Maybe double-check that the DTMEX which isn't updating truly has the correct ticker symbol and CUSIP ID.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    In your last paragraph, are you talking about another Q data file? Because I'm not sure that it's possible to have FUND X updated in one account and not in another account in the same Q data file.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• uri2
    uri2 Member
    Rocket- DTMEX had been updating since 2012. It stopped updating since 4/13/2020. I checked all of my input data on it and it is correct.

NotACPA- As I already mentioned, I was talking about a different Q data file, like it was set up by somebody else living in Mongolia.

Question: If I can't get this corrected, is there a way of transferring all of my data going back (20) years into a new, separate Q data file, and then hoping to update DTMEX quotes in the new data file?
    Or maybe, Is there a way of reloading DTMEX in the same original file together with all of its transactions since 2012?
  • uri2
    uri2 Member
    Gentlemen- Problem solved. Even though One Step Update box was checked, DTMEX did not update. I happened to look in its Security Details window, and all the way in the bottom there was a 'Download Quotes' button which I pressed, and sure enough, all of its quotes were updated.
    I don't understand why this worked. I didn't have to do the above procedure for any of the other securities. Checking the box for One Step Update was sufficient for those.
    Thank you for your help.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you said "separate Quicken investment register" which isn't the same as a separate Q data file.
    A separate register could, and usually would be, in the same file.
    @rocket J squirrel apparently interpreted that second register as being in the same file also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• uri2
    uri2 Member
    I apologize for the error. I was not familiar with the terminology.
This discussion has been closed.