Update needed??

JanMy
JanMy Member ✭✭
Every time I start Quicken a message windows opens which says "Action Needed: Important Quicken Update Available. Quicken has released an update that improves transaction download reliability. ...... clicking on Help menu - > Check for updates or download the manual update here." Well, if I check for updates I'm told that I have the latest version and if I go to download the manual update, that also is the version I currently have. (R25.22, build 27.1.25.22) How do I get Quicken to stop telling me I need to update.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running Q Canada?  Because the current version for Q US is R26.21.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JanMy
    JanMy Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Are you running Q Canada?  Because the current version for Q US is R26.21.

Yes, I have the Canadian Version and checking the Quicken site, the latest version is my 25.22, dated April 2020
  • JanMy
    JanMy Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:
    > And the current version is available here to install.Update and Mondo Patch: 2018/2019 Release of Quicken for Windows (Subscription Product)

Thanks, but that is the page I went to that tells me that my version 25.22 is the latest for Canada.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest installing the mondo patch for your version. This is a full install and will hopefully flush whichever system file thinks it's outdated.
  • JanMy
    JanMy Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:
    > I would suggest installing the mondo patch for your version. This is a full install and will hopefully flush whichever system file thinks it's outdated.

Worth a try. I'll do so later this evening. Thanks for the suggestion. If all else fails, I can just unclick the checkbox that tells quicken to remind me that the update is needed. At least it will stop nagging :)
  • JanMy
    JanMy Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:
    > I would suggest installing the mondo patch for your version. This is a full install and will hopefully flush whichever system file thinks it's outdated.

Just my luck. I went to download the patch only to get the message "Our website is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance." Ah well, I'll try again later.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm getting that website message also, when I'm trying to post links to Q Support.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JanMy
    JanMy Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:

Well, it was worth a try. I downloaded and reinstalled the mondo patch but I still get the message "Action Needed: Important Quicken Update Available". I'll just uncheck the box to "Remind me later" and hopefully it will stop nagging.
This discussion has been closed.