Finding transactions for a security

I have multiple accounts holding various securities. How can I search all the accounts at once to find a specific security? When I go to Windows/Security I can see the security listed there and it indicates that is not currently held but is there a way to search for it globally?

Best Answers

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can do this.
    In the sidebar, select Investing.
    Select Transactions view - th register now displays all transactions for all accounts.
    (Click Reset Filters - if necessary,)
    Go to the Search field at upper-right.
    Key in the name of the desired security.
    The register will filter to display all transactions for the desired security.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Or, if you want to see the current shares, value, cost basis, etc of a certain security, go to Portfolio view (instead of transaction view) in the Investing section as above. Set the first two popup menus to Portfolio Value and Group by Security. Click the Name or Symbol column header to sort by one of those columns. Then scroll down to find the security in the list alphabetically. The columns displayed can be changed by using the column button near the top right. If you want to see what was held on a prior date, enter that date in the Price and Holdings As Of field, top right.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can do this.
    In the sidebar, select Investing.
    Select Transactions view - th register now displays all transactions for all accounts.
    (Click Reset Filters - if necessary,)
    Go to the Search field at upper-right.
    Key in the name of the desired security.
    The register will filter to display all transactions for the desired security.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Or, if you want to see the current shares, value, cost basis, etc of a certain security, go to Portfolio view (instead of transaction view) in the Investing section as above. Set the first two popup menus to Portfolio Value and Group by Security. Click the Name or Symbol column header to sort by one of those columns. Then scroll down to find the security in the list alphabetically. The columns displayed can be changed by using the column button near the top right. If you want to see what was held on a prior date, enter that date in the Price and Holdings As Of field, top right.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.