Reinstalling Quicken 2016-How to get past the intuit registration screen?

I saw a community reply to Quicken 2015 but what about Quicken 2016. I do not see anything about getting past the Intuit ID requirement. I am thinking of dropping my internet(too expensive) and I tried to reinstall Quicken 2016 without internet and just apply the mondo patch that upgrades Quicken 2016 to R8. I tried ctrl + shift but that didnt work.I still get that annoying screen about registration with intuit id? I apply the mondo patch upgrade to R14 and I still get the annoying Intuit registration message. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• pran105334
    pran105334 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I appreciate some further clarity on the Quicken Sign in and the screen printouts helped. Now I got to the Quicken Sign in and I inputted my Quicken Sign in information...The screen said "Success"......But nothing else...it was stuck in a large white box for at least 15 minutes and nothing happened.....I didnt want to give up...so I went back to my quicken file and somehow I got to the file validation part...it validated my file and then FINALLY I got to the "Tell us about yourself screen.." I inputted my information and the next screen was the mobile phone...then finally it gave me the following screen.....

Thats all...Thanks alot for hanging with my Quicken horrow story....You saved me $ 30 dollars which was the current Quicken Subscription price. I may still drop my internet provider because of costs and manually input Quicken DATA into my Quicken 2016 program for the time being using csv and qif files. Thanks again! I'll now have a beer and drink to the creator.

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong. You can't open Quicken, until after you install the last Mondo Patch, for it to work.

Follow this procedure:

Hi All,

This is for all versions of Quicken 2016 for Windows not just Deluxe.

Open Quicken. Go to File > Backup and Restore > Backup your Quicken Data File(s) before starting.

Firefox 32-Bit from here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Waterfox 64-Bit from here: https://www.waterfoxproject.org/

Create a New Folder on the Desktop. Rename the Folder, New Briefcase, which can be done in Windows 10, too. Always rename a New Folder, because when you create New Folders within any folder and don't rename Folders, Windows names the folders, New Folder, New Folder (2) and so on. You won't be able to find anything without renaming New Folders.

Once you have done that, start Firefox or Waterfox and go into Tools then click Options. On the General Tab, find  Downloads, then Under Downloads see Save files to:. Click on the Browse Button. Click Desktop then click on New Briefcase. Saves you the trouble of having to tell where to Save the Downloads to and makes the downloads, easier to find, right on the Desktop..

I am assuming that you already have the Installation Program for Quicken 2016 Flavors.

Close Quicken. Do not uninstall it.

Re-open Firefox or Waterfox and click on the link below for downloading QCleanUI.exe

Download QcleanUI.exe from this link:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken?priorityCode=1348800000

Left-click on QCleanUI.exe to start the Download and click Save. Left-click on MSIClean.exe to start the Download and click Save.
    Create a new sub-folder of Briefcase Folder and name it QClean. Move both QCleanUI.exe and MSIClean.exe into QClean. Now simply open QClean. Right-click on QCleanUI.exe  and left-click Run as administrator. Choose to Clean All Versions. Do not use Programs and Features to uninstall your Quicken Program.

Use Programs and Features to remove iSeek AnswerWorks English Runtime, which Quicken installs.

Restart the computer. After the computer restarts, use Explorer to delete / no need to rename the following folders: (Except if you also have other Intuit Products installed, expand those folders and delete the Quicken folders, only.)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AnswerWorks 5.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Quicken

C:\ProgramData\Intuit

C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Roaming\Intuit

C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Roaming\Quicken

C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Local\Intuit

C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Local\Intuit_Inc

Empty the following folders, with the exception of Files in use:

C:\Users\User ID\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Windows\Temp

Run Disk Cleanup.

Don't download the Installer again if you already have it.

Download CCleaner Free from: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Once you have CCleaner Free installed, run the Cleaner portion first.
    Analyze first and Run Cleaner.
    Click Registry on the Left.
    Scan for Issues.
    Fix selected Issues. Then Run it again because on x64 Bit Installations, it doesn't fix all on the first pass.

Right-click on the Quicken Program Installer and click Run as administrator.

Once the program is installed a Window will Popup concerning Program Updates click Cancel.

Restart the computer.

Open your browser.

Go to: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    Scroll down to Quicken 2016 and download the following Mondo Patches:
    R8 Mondo, R12 Mondo and finally R19.5 Mondo.

Once downloaded, install Mondo Patch R8, R12 and finally in order R19.5.

Once Mondo Patch R19.5 is installed, you can then open Quicken, but do not launch Quicken until Mondo Patch R 19.5.

Until April 30, 2019, you can finish upgrading using the Check for Updates under Help, once you have Quicken registered.

See this Article for the reason you need to apply the Mondo Patches in Steps: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/resolution-quicken-for-windows-2016-wont-open-af...

Now click on Quicken to Open Quicken. It will not find any Quicken Data Files, because it doesn't know where to look. Choose to Restore a Backup Quicken Data File. Let Quicken Convert it, before using One Step Update.

When you go to Register the program again, be sure to click Already have an Quicken ID.

You need to complete the Survey portion of the Registration, in order for Next to become clickable.

Before using One Step Update, check your Converted Quicken Data File.

Note 1: You do not need the previous version of Quicken installed to reinstall and convert any Quicken Data Folder. When you restore an older Backup, Quicken will convert the Data File after restoring it, as long as it isn't too old.

Note 2: Each Quicken Data File gets registered, including existing Quicken Data Files. 

Note 3: Save the Mondo Patches, in case you need to reinstall.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• pran105334
    pran105334 Member ✭✭
    Hi Mr. Creator-Thank you very much for the quick reply. I thought my question would go unanswered for a long time.....lost in cyberspace.....so thanks alot.

I did exactly what you told me to do.....my last step was: "When you go to Register the program again, be sure to click Already have an Quicken ID. I did not have that option. I unstalled all 3 patches like you told me and restored a backup quicken file...entered my password for the file.....and it gave me a blank screen that asked me 1. To sign in with my Quicken ID/password; 2. Or did you forget your Quicken ID/password go here; 3. or if you are new to Quicken, Create a quicken ID. No option to :click here if you already have a Quicken ID. I do have a Quicken ID and inputted that and the program just sat there doing nothing. I still could not reach my QDATA file that I restored.

I do appreciate your effort. Do you have any further suggestions?
  • pran105334
    pran105334 Member ✭✭
    Above I meant "installed" all 3 patches and restored a backup Quicken file...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    How long did you wait on the Quicken ID log in?
    Any errors?

Just to document the steps here is what I just recorded on a Quicken 2016 install.
    I installed Quicken 2016 and selected to open an existing data file, you could of course select to restore from a backup, it gets you to the same place.
    Since at this point the later patches haven't been installed this is what you see.
    Which of course will not work.
    Now I installed the 19.5 Mondo patch, note isn't needed to install any other patch they are "accumulative" and the last one has all the patches before it in it.
    Then start Quicken again.

Signed in with my Quicken Id and password.

Fill out this marketing stuff to get past it.  And then it ask about syncing to mobile, you certainly would want this to be no.
    And then the dumb thing prompts again for the password.

After this I was logged in and could see the data.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pran105334
    pran105334 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I appreciate some further clarity on the Quicken Sign in and the screen printouts helped. Now I got to the Quicken Sign in and I inputted my Quicken Sign in information...The screen said "Success"......But nothing else...it was stuck in a large white box for at least 15 minutes and nothing happened.....I didnt want to give up...so I went back to my quicken file and somehow I got to the file validation part...it validated my file and then FINALLY I got to the "Tell us about yourself screen.." I inputted my information and the next screen was the mobile phone...then finally it gave me the following screen.....

Thats all...Thanks alot for hanging with my Quicken horrow story....You saved me $ 30 dollars which was the current Quicken Subscription price. I may still drop my internet provider because of costs and manually input Quicken DATA into my Quicken 2016 program for the time being using csv and qif files. Thanks again! I'll now have a beer and drink to the creator.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    From the screen you show did you select File -> Open Quicken File... and try to open your data file?

*Note if you haven't got the back up to your hard disk yet, use File -> Backup and Restore -> Restore File from Backup File...
    Signature:
  • pran105334
    pran105334 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I was able to select file open quicken file so everything is good....Thanks for the assist
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @pran105334 Your very welcome.
    Signature:
  • SoDoneWithThisBS
    SoDoneWithThisBS Member
    edited June 2020
    Ok, Getting frustrated here.. PC crashed.. Fixed PC, reinstalled Quicken 2016 H&B Win. Now when I launch Quicken, it loads my data file, verifies, them... I get the create a Quicken ID. I already have one, how many does Quicken require us to have? (removed-inaccurate) I click Get Started, screen goes white except at bottom where it asked if having a problem with my Quicken ID below a white box.What do I do?? Go back to paper?? Tired of the white screen loop 

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you read and follow the first answer in this thread?  You need to install the patch. If you have an older version, One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.