Is there a known issue with “Bills and Income” not importing when importing from QDF file?

Just bought a new Mac and in process of converting all my Quicken for Windows files (I have subscription). Import works flawlessly EXCEPT none of the scheduled transactions (Bill and Income) are showing up. Very tedious adding them all back in. I manually have done so for my 2 (out of 6) least complicated files. Would like fix before I do the others.

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Scheduled transactions are imported.

If you click on Bills and Income, and then the Projected Balances button, you will see a central repository of all your schedtransx in a single spot. (They also display within each register, but this is the central location.) You can verify what came over from windows, but scheduled transactions do convert.

You likely will have to setup the online biller/eBills portion of those again (Bills & Income buttons) if you use that feature. Quicken is viewing this as a completely new file, so online connectivity will have to be setup for some things, including the eBills.
  • Jim Richar
    Jim Richar Member ✭✭
    Hi John_in_NC... I see your response, but in my case NONE of the scheduled transactions have transferred. In all cases, I had the QDF file from Quick for Windows (on a thumb drive), then on Quicken for Mac I selected New Account, browsed to the thumb drive, then hit the Next key. Everything else transferred (I haven't looked yet at Budget stuff)... but 10s of thousands of transactions transferred just fine. But NOT ONE of the scheduled transfers.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jim Richar

Thank you for that additional information, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Bill and Income reminders are intended to be included in the data when transferring from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac, however, since all of your reminders are missing, it can indicate an issue with the reminders that prevented them from importing successfully.

If you haven't already, I would recommend going back to the Quicken for Windows version and run a Validate & Repair on the data file (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair).

Once the process has completed, close and re-open Quicken then create another copy of the file to transfer to Quicken for Mac.

In Quicken for Mac, please go to the File menu > New option.  In the next screen select "Start from a Quicken for Windows file" and open the new copy of the file.

Does the bill and income reminders import successfully this time? Or are they still missing?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Jim Richar
    Jim Richar Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Sarah... I did as you told me and Bills and Income still did not appear. I made a copy of one of my Quicken files (on my Windows machine, running Year:2020, R24.11, Build 27.1.24.11) and called it "test". I ran a validation on it, closed it then opened it, and made a copy called "test_for_mac". When I went to open Quicken on my Mac, it asked if I wanted to upgrade... I upgraded from 5.14.2 to 5.14.3 Build 514.31897.100. I am running macOS 10.15.2. I selected "New" then said to open from a Windows file. It told me that the import was successful. But still no Bills and Income.
  • lex61
    lex61 Member ✭✭
    Maybe digging up an old thread here, but it was unanswered and not closed...

Anyway, I'm having the same issue as Jim RIchar. Importing Quicken Windows 2020 subscription QDF file into Quicken Mac subscription. All transactions appear and balances are correct, but "Bills & Income" tab shows nothing. I've already tried file validate and still no luck. It matters, I'm having to use "Quicken Cloud" because I'm running an older MacOS, 10.11.6. Chat agent said "Bills & Income" import isn't supported, but they couldn't point me to any documentation that supported that and I've seen nothing anywhere else to support it.

Would love to figure this out.

For what it's worth, all my "renaming rules" were also lost in the transfer.
  • John_in_NC
    lex61 said:
    Maybe digging up an old thread here, but it was unanswered and not closed...

Anyway, I'm having the same issue as Jim RIchar. Importing Quicken Windows 2020 subscription QDF file into Quicken Mac subscription. All transactions appear and balances are correct, but "Bills & Income" tab shows nothing. I've already tried file validate and still no luck. It matters, I'm having to use "Quicken Cloud" because I'm running an older MacOS, 10.11.6. Chat agent said "Bills & Income" import isn't supported, but they couldn't point me to any documentation that supported that and I've seen nothing anywhere else to support it.

Would love to figure this out.

For what it's worth, all my "renaming rules" were also lost in the transfer.
    Hi, Lex:

Yes, this is an older thread.

As noted earlier, your scheduled transactions likely came through (as visible when viewing them under "Projected Balances." Is that area blank?

The Online Biller setup, however. does not, so you will have to do that again. Your renaming rules won't come through, either.

The most recent version of Quicken for Mac will run under 10.11
  • lex61
    lex61 Member ✭✭
    Yes, an old thread, but an unresolved thread.

There's nothing under "Projected Balances". Nothing.

Biller setup doesn't worry me since I don't use Quicken to pay bills. I just use it as a reminder to pay them.
  • John_in_NC
    lex61 said:
    Yes, an old thread, but an unresolved thread.

There's nothing under "Projected Balances". Nothing.

Biller setup doesn't worry me since I don't use Quicken to pay bills. I just use it as a reminder to pay them.
    Thanks for posting this, Lex. 

I tested some more moving around some files, and the behavior has changed. I am asking around if it was intentional.

I am not seeing old fashioned scheduled transactions (not synced eBills) coming through, either.
  • lex61
    lex61 Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I appreciate you following up.
  • cmilleraustin
    cmilleraustin Member
    Same here: importing my Windows file into Mac and no Bills & Income. The Project Balances list shows something but I have no idea how to use it. How do I tell that I have bill due in a week from that? The reason I used Quicken is to remind me when bills are due. Now what do I do? Sigh.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

I was not able to recreate the issue of bills/reminders being completely missing after converting from Windows to Mac.

I did see, however, that I was missing some bills as well as having previously removed bills appear after the conversion.

When I view Projected Balances under the Bills & Income screen I do see my scheduled transactions.

If you are experiencing this issue, I would attempt the steps outlined by Sarah above to attempt the conversion once more.

If you haven't already, I would recommend going back to the Quicken for Windows version and run a Validate & Repair on the data file (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair).

Once the process has completed, close and re-open Quicken then create another copy of the file to transfer to Quicken for Mac.

In Quicken for Mac, please go to the File menu > New option.  In the next screen select "Start from a Quicken for Windows file" and open the new copy of the file.

Does the bill and income reminders import successfully this time? Or are they still missing?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah

If after completing these steps and the bills/reminders are still missing, I would move forward with recreating the bills/reminders.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • John_in_NC
    Thanks, @Quicken_Tyka for confirming that you did indeed encounter errors when converting files ("missing some bills" & "previously removed bills appear"). That certainly indicates problems that didn't occur in the past.

My testing was with new files, so I don't know how useful validation would be.

The product manager has been notified, and is investigating. He noted that purposely disabling scheduled transaction conversion was not intentional.

• lex61
    lex61 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for both of those follow-ups. Regarding the steps @Quicken_Tyka referred to, I have tried that with no change in behavior.
  • williamhouk3
    williamhouk3 Member ✭✭✭
    I had the same experience as @lex61... I also repeated the steps of @Quicken_Tyka... scheduled transactions are not being imported...
This discussion has been closed.