Budget frequently deleted from QDF. Also frequent Bugsplat messages.

Hello:
I am using Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property 2020 vR26.21 build 27.1.26.21 running in Windows 10 Home v1903. I have extensive budgeting history and for past 6 months have had frequent loss of data. First, during a session of Quicken when opening budget it will suddenly report no Budget available. I have tried restarting Quicken, Windows and validating and repairing (no errors reported) and file operation>copy and trying the new copy all to no avail. There is no bugsplat error. Only option is to use backups which I now do after EVERY SINGLE manuever. It's ridiculous. Restoring a recent backup succeeds and I then reenter most recent data to catch up again. Can't tell if its a windows problem but I have opted out of auto updates and no correlation is evident. I also keep Quicken updated with latest patches. The problem improved with a Quicken update in early April 2020 but is now worse again. Any thoughts? Help! Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @henchm

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That's quite an issue to have. I have a couple of questions. How big is your files data size? Do you store your file on a cloud service or just on the local drive? How long has this been happening overall? There's two things we could try if you haven't already.

The first one would be a mondo patch. This is a patch that can sometimes help with stability that we could attempt. The article for the mondo patch can be found here as well as instructions on how to install the patch. 

The second thing I can think of trying here would be a super validate. It's done very similarly to a normal validate but you'll do something a bit different to start it up. Go up to file -> file operations. Once here hold CTRL + Shift on your keyboard  and select file validate.  From here you select super validate file and continue on.

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @henchm

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That's quite an issue to have. I have a couple of questions. How big is your files data size? Do you store your file on a cloud service or just on the local drive? How long has this been happening overall? There's two things we could try if you haven't already.

The first one would be a mondo patch. This is a patch that can sometimes help with stability that we could attempt. The article for the mondo patch can be found here as well as instructions on how to install the patch. 

The second thing I can think of trying here would be a super validate. It's done very similarly to a normal validate but you'll do something a bit different to start it up. Go up to file -> file operations. Once here hold CTRL + Shift on your keyboard  and select file validate.  From here you select super validate file and continue on.

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• henchm
    henchm Member ✭✭
    Thank you! Quicken Francisco. Will try the supervalidate next time and if not yielding will proceed to mondo patch...will get back to you either way.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @henchm

Definitely let us know how it goes! If anything else happens in the mean time feel free to inform us as well!

-Quicken Francisco
  • henchm
    henchm Member ✭✭
    Hello again....well quicken deleted budget again today while running (not while backing up or shutting down). When first started quicken for this session budget was present and functioning. After updating accounts then returning to view budget it was gone. I then followed your instructions for super validate (no errors) and budget still missing. Then installed Mondo patch and restarted quicken and budget still missing. So...as per recent "normal" for this I closed quicken, deleted the corrupt QDF, synclog and fxlog files and restored from recent backup. All now works fine. Was able to repeat account updates then return to budget and all works well. Will continue to observe having now installed the mondo patch and report back. Since I am far from declaring victory any additional thoughts in interim would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • henchm
    henchm Member ✭✭
    Update: Today budget function stable but quicken crashed on attempting manual backup. Greeted by bugsplat. Restarted quicken and was able to manually backup. Then quicken update v R26.23 was released. I performed the update....the sage continues....
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @henchm

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Mike S
    Mike S Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Quicken has forgotten ALL of my budgets. I have R26.23.
    Under the Planning tab, it prompts me to "Create a Budget." It will not allow even that.
This discussion has been closed.