Can't select multiple bills from same biller

Options
I'm new to Quicken and would appreciate some help. I'm trying to add 2 online bills from the same biller. I saw in other community posts that you should be able to select multiple accounts when adding the biller (for multiple credit cards for example). However, in my case it is for a gas & electric company, and I'm only given a dropdown box to select one or the other.

Best Answer

• larryde09
    larryde09 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update if other's have the same issue: I contacted Quicken support, and after a lengthy investigation (thank you!), they determined it's because I use the same username for both accounts. Therefore, Quicken thinks I'm trying to access the same account regardless of the fact I use the dropdown box to identify I'm accessing electric or gas. The biller [National Grid] isn't setup like a lot of banks are, and are unable to handle multiple accounts for 1 user, so it doesn't interface well with Quicken.

The workaround is to try to change the username for one of the accounts, thus effectively breaking the perceived bond and forcing Quicken to realize they are 2 separate accounts. Fortunately I was able to do this for one of my accounts, so now in Quicken, I successfully added 2 bills with the same biller. They are both pending synchronization so hopefully it works out, but it's progress.

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Options
    Hi @larryde09,

Thanks for taking the time to post tour Community.

Have you tried selecting one then attempting add another online bill for the second account?

I tried to recreate the scenario in my Quicken but don't currently have 2 accounts with the same Biller. Usually, both accounts would need to be selected at the same time to enable this feature for both accounts.

Would it be possible for you to try adding one first then the other and letting us know how it goes?

Please feel free to respond to this thread with the outcome and any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • larryde09
    larryde09 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, it says "Biller Already Added, you've already added a biller whose details match the biller you're trying to add."

It doesn't give me the option to select more than 1 account, the options are in a dropdown box.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @larryde09

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile to locate and report any issues that you may be experiencing with this biller.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • larryde09
    larryde09 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Update if other's have the same issue: I contacted Quicken support, and after a lengthy investigation (thank you!), they determined it's because I use the same username for both accounts. Therefore, Quicken thinks I'm trying to access the same account regardless of the fact I use the dropdown box to identify I'm accessing electric or gas. The biller [National Grid] isn't setup like a lot of banks are, and are unable to handle multiple accounts for 1 user, so it doesn't interface well with Quicken.

The workaround is to try to change the username for one of the accounts, thus effectively breaking the perceived bond and forcing Quicken to realize they are 2 separate accounts. Fortunately I was able to do this for one of my accounts, so now in Quicken, I successfully added 2 bills with the same biller. They are both pending synchronization so hopefully it works out, but it's progress.
This discussion has been closed.